ES Uniform and Regulations and ABU

Started by CAPed Crusader, June 03, 2019, 11:52:02 PM

CAPed Crusader

Hello,
So I am taking a SAR GTM3 training and a requirement is an ORANGE HAT with the ABUs. I went to the ABU wear instructions, and it didn't say if it is approved or not. I understand I have to wear it for this event, but my question is, "will I only wear it for that event, or to CAP meetings too? And will I have to wear it to GT missions?"

Also, I read that you can wear up to 5 patches on the ABUs in the instructions, can you wear ES patches on ABUs with only a GES, IS700, IS100 qualifications? FY: I asked my Cadet Commander and they did know, so I asked my squadron Commander, and was not sure [apparently we never had any GT members?], so I am asking here.

Sincerely,
DeRosa

Eclipse

Quote from: francisderosa16 on June 03, 2019, 11:52:02 PM
Hello,
So I am taking a SAR GTM3 training and a requirement is an ORANGE HAT with the ABUs. I went to the ABU wear instructions, and it didn't say if it is approved or not. I understand I have to wear it for this event, but my question is, "will I only wear it for that event, or to CAP meetings too? And will I have to wear it to GT missions?"

The is no requirement for an orange hat in the national curriculum.  It may be a wing or local SOP.

In that case, ask the authority who is telling you to wear orange.

The only thing nationally approved for the ABU is the patrol cap.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPed Crusader

Paul Creed III

Quote from: francisderosa16 on June 03, 2019, 11:52:02 PM

Also, I read that you can wear up to 5 patches on the ABUs in the instructions, can you wear ES patches on ABUs with only a GES, IS700, IS100 qualifications? FY: I asked my Cadet Commander and they did know, so I asked my squadron Commander, and was not sure [apparently we never had any GT members?], so I am asking here.

Sincerely,
DeRosa

Check out page 3 of https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/R035_006_70213217D50CA.pdf for information on what you need in order to wear the ES patch.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

NovemberWhiskey

Also N.B. that the "Emergency Services Patch" (version 1 or version 2) shown in CAPM 39-1 attachment 8 is not authorized for wear on ABUs.

CAPed Crusader