Main Menu

Lt. Col. David L. Dean

Started by ironputts, May 03, 2019, 08:10:27 PM

ironputts

May 2, 2019

Lt. Col. David L. Dean
Lorain County Composite Squadron
Ohio Wing

David Leslie Dean, age 76, of Medina, passed away March 30, 2019. He was born February 7, 1943, in Cleveland, OH to the late Harmon and Winnie (nee Smarr) Dean.

David was a U.S. Army and Civil Air Patrol Veteran. He retired from IBEW #71 after 31 years. He was a member of the Rochester Gun Club. David enjoyed hunting, fishing, and motor home traveling; but he especially loved spending time with his family.

He will be dearly missed by his loving wife, Betty (nee Valentine); children, Brian (Theresa) Dean, Donna (Jeff) Grey, Dawn Porter (Michael Webb), and David Dean; brother, Richard (Beverly) Dean; grandchildren, Cody, Brian, Derrick, Kally (Dan), Matthew, DeAndrea, Adam, Nick, Andrew; and great-granddaughter, Luna.

He was preceded in death by his brother, Clarence (Bud) Dean and sister, Marie Bolton.
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP

TheSkyHornet

I knew Dave since I joined CAP. I paid a visit out to his unit the week after it announced that he passed. Squadron commander gave some really nice remarks about him. He'll definitely be missed his friends and colleagues.