parade gloss prestige boot polish

Started by Kayll'b, January 19, 2019, 02:09:12 AM

SarDragon

Quote from: Slim on January 19, 2019, 11:51:40 PM
Lincoln wax, applied in a light coat using a brush or dauber.
Allow to dry (hint, first boot dries while applying polish to second boot)
Buff with a soft brush (second boot dries while buffing the first)
Takes all of about 20 minutes once every few months.
Use the time gained by not spitshining boots to study your next achievement.
YESSSSSS....

That's all I have ever done with my boots. My current ones are 30 years olde and the uppers are still in good shape.  The ses are about shot, though. Time to start wearing the new pair.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Slim

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on January 20, 2019, 01:22:18 AM
That is fine and dandy, but in 45 years living I have never seen any place selling Lincoln Wax.

WHICH are the stores that sell it?!!
Up until the time where suede became the boot of choice for the military, I always bought it at AAFES clothing stores.  Last time I saw it was several years ago, and I bought out the 5 cans they had in stock, kept a couple for myself and gave the other three to faithful Lincoln users who were unhappy that they couldn't restock.  Used the last of the last can last winter.

After several searches in stores, the only way I could get it through Walmart was to special order it.  I opted to instead order a three pack on Amazon for about $20.  I also saw Amazon selling a three pound can of Lincoln, but the price escapes me.

In the interim, I found an off-brand at Dollar General that works just about as good as Lincoln, but head and shoulders above Kiwi.

Slim