Main Menu

Blue Beret Question

Started by CAPed Crusader, July 28, 2018, 05:03:45 PM

CAPed Crusader

Hello,
I recently encountered a picture o the web of a cadet in MAWG wearing a Blue Beret at a CAP Unit meeting. I thought the blue Beret was not permitted With ABUs? What is your Thoughts?

Cadet Airman
DeRosa

Hawk200

Pretty simple answer: if there isn't anything changing the wear criteria, and the current criteria says "Not authorized," then it's wrong.

Best thing to do is to reach out to whomever posted the pic, tell them that it isn't authorized, ask them to remove it, and ask them to educate the person pictured.

darkmatter

It's allowed either the person must be in BDU's or if they are wearing ABU's it's only allowed at the blue beret activity other than that it's not allowed

Jester

I feel like we just went through this exact same question from this exact same person.

darkmatter

Quote from: Jester on July 28, 2018, 07:30:59 PM
I feel like we just went through this exact same question from this exact same person.

Eh I don't mind answer it 1000 time doesint bother me takes two seconds.

Capmonkey

I agree with Jester. My other question as well: Why is he asking the members of Captalk, rather than his home squadron??

C/Maj Capmonkey

darkmatter

Jester

Stop encouraging poor behavior.

MSG Mac

Beret.  Navy blue. May be worn by National Blue Beret graduates or by other members when specifically authorized by wing or region supplement or additional NHQ directive. May only be worn with the BDU or Blue Field Uniform.  Position headband straight across the forehead, one inch above the eyebrows. Drape the top over the right ear and the stiffener.  Adjust ribbon for comfort, tie in a knot, and tuck inside or cut-off.  Appropriate flight cap device will be worn unless worn due to Blue Beret attendance, in which case the member will wear the Blue Beret, beret device.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

OldGuy

darkmatter

Quote from: Jester on July 28, 2018, 11:33:12 PM
Stop encouraging poor behavior.

Opinion, and I'm sorry you feel that way.

SarDragon

Let's see - this is the third thread from the OP asking essentially the same broad Q. In all three, the Q was answered.
That said, we seem to be done here.
Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret