CAP Aircraft Registered to USAF (Dover, DE)

Started by PhoenixRisen, March 18, 2018, 10:06:35 PM

PhoenixRisen

I came across this photo of a CAP Cessna at the MER SAR College that has a USAF logo on the tail with the wordage "US Air Force".  Looking up the registration shows it being registered to the US Air Force out of Dover AFB, DE, and not the standard "Civil Air Patrol, Inc." that's attributed to our aircraft.

Any story behind this?  Hopefully the black helicopters don't show up 'cause I asked! :)

SarDragon

Could be a CAP-USAF asset, with the CAP livery.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAP9907

Maybe they just didn't want to repaint it so they left it as-is (removing our Corporate logos of course)?
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

PhoenixRisen

FW

Flying Club aircraft?
Registration History
DATE01-Mar-2013OWNERUNITED STATES AIR FORCELOCATIONDOVER AFB DE
DATE02-Jun-2006OWNERCIVIL AIR PATROL INCLOCATIONMAXWELL AFB AL

PHall

Several Air Force Aero Clubs have picked up former CAP aircraft. March ARB, CA for instance.
They usually just remove the CAP markings since the paint is normally in pretty good condition.

PhoenixRisen

Huey Driver

There's a lot of former CAP aircraft flying around today, still in their CAP livery. When we auction off our old inventory, they come in whatever paint they last wore - and stay that way unless their new owner chooses to repaint them. I think our paint looks pretty sleek for a USAF club plane though!
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...