Main Menu

Encampment Questions

Started by The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me, February 22, 2018, 02:11:13 AM

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

So this will be my first year trying to apply for staff or cadre and I have a few questions for those of you who have done that. What's the difference between Officer and NCO? And Cadet Cadre and Staff? Also, what is Stan/Eval Officer/NCO and Webmaster/ITO Officer/NCO for cadet staffing?

Thanks.
C/SSgt Cassie

SarDragon

If this is your first encampment, I suggest that you not worry about a staff position, and just enjoy the experience of the event. If this is your second encampment, I might question why you are just a C/SrA with that much time in CAP, and your suitability for a staff position.

As for your other Qs, those are best addressed within your chain of command. The fact that you asking them again gives rise to my previous question.

ETA: I see from another thread that you have been to an encampment, but my other comments still apply.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Fester

The difference is that "Officer" positions are for Cadet Officers and "NCO" positions are for Cadet NCO's.

If we were to stick to the spirit of the regs, you wouldn't be qualified for either as a C/SrA..... but I digress.

But I will say that I was under the impression that Stan/Eval Teams were no longer a thing at Encampment???
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Airplane girl

All of the encampments I've been to have had Stan/Eval teams. I was on the Stan/Eval team for two years. Basically, I did uniform, drill, and barracks inspections, as well as paperwork to determine the honor cadet/flight/squadron.

Fester

Quote from: Airplane girl on February 22, 2018, 04:38:07 AM
All of the encampments I've been to have had Stan/Eval teams. I was on the Stan/Eval team for two years. Basically, I did uniform, drill, and barracks inspections, as well as paperwork to determine the honor cadet/flight/squadron.

I misread the guidance pamphlet.  Stan/Eval teams should not be used for "stand by" inspections.  My mistake.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996