Main Menu

New Website!

Started by Fubar, January 29, 2018, 11:38:09 PM

Fubar

capmembers.com along with a few other websites have been folded into gocivilairpatrol.com with everything now at one site. I like the consolidation, although I haven't gone looking for any information I need yet.

Fester

Quote from: Fubar on January 29, 2018, 11:38:09 PM
capmembers.com along with a few other websites have been folded into gocivilairpatrol.com with everything now at one site. I like the consolidation, although I haven't gone looking for any information I need yet.

Looks and feels so much better!  Navigation seems so much more intuitive!
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Holding Pattern

They really should have put up a legacy backup site for people to use while the migration finishes.

darkmatter

Quote from: Mordecai on January 31, 2018, 08:20:09 PM
They really should have put up a legacy backup site for people to use while the migration finishes.

nope I respectfully disagree only because, I look at eservices and I still know too many people who use the old website and not to the new. once you put a legacy window up it never comes down

Holding Pattern

Quote from: darkmatter on January 31, 2018, 09:14:43 PM
Quote from: Mordecai on January 31, 2018, 08:20:09 PM

nope I respectfully disagree only because, I look at eservices and I still know too many people who use the old website and not to the new. once you put a legacy window up it never comes down

When bloomberg.com updated their site they kept a backup of the old site at noir.bloomberg.com for 18 months at which time their surveys to members indicated that they could find everything on the new site that was on the old site.

Sunset strategies and membership engagement (neither of which happened here) are a recipe for a better consumer experience.

Holding Pattern

By way of example I'm still using the wayback machine to find things on the old custhelp site that the new site doesn't even reference (like CAPRAP.)

Ned

Quote from: Mordecai on January 31, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

Sunset strategies and membership engagement (neither of which happened here) are a recipe for a better consumer experience.

I can't speak to sunset strategies, but FWIW, well over half the task force folks working on the new website were ordinary members, just like you and me.  Reasonable minds can differ about how much membership engagement would have been optimal, but there was considerable engagement by at least some members.

Ned Lee

DrJbdm

Could they have found any smaller font for the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary line? Geez, almost need a magnifying glass to read it as it is! 

Fester

Quote from: DrJbdm on February 01, 2018, 01:41:44 AM
Could they have found any smaller font for the U.S. Air Force Auxiliary line? Geez, almost need a magnifying glass to read it as it is!

Comment deleted. The snark was uncalled for.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

A.Member

First impression:  I really like it.  It's what it should've been long ago.  Reminds me of  www.mnwg.cap.gov    Maybe inspired by it? 

Still exploring.  So far, my only nit is that I'd change "Programs" to "Our Missions" on the top navigation menu but that's minor.

Overall:   :clap: :clap: :clap:
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

etodd

Quote from: A.Member on February 01, 2018, 03:15:39 PM

Still exploring.  So far, my only nit is that I'd change "Programs" to "Missions" on the top navigation menu but that's minor.

For internal use sure ... but for marketing purposes and interested non-CAP folks and potential members looking for info for the first time, Programs  is the better choice, so its not confused with a Mission Statement type of page so many websites have.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Ned on February 01, 2018, 01:05:31 AM
Quote from: Mordecai on January 31, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

I can't speak to sunset strategies, but FWIW, well over half the task force folks working on the new website were ordinary members, just like you and me.  Reasonable minds can differ about how much membership engagement would have been optimal, but there was considerable engagement by at least some members.

Ned Lee

How do I join said projects in the future? It seems I never find out about them until the project is done.