Green CAPF66 ordering

Started by Майор Хаткевич, May 18, 2016, 03:17:16 AM

Майор Хаткевич

We're running short on CAPF66s, but I don't see in eservices where to order them. Did nhq discontinue them?

jdh

They are available here
http://www.capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/forms/

but it says pre-printed version is no longer available.

Майор Хаткевич

Found the PDF on my phone...direct link. We're not ready to digitize the files yet, so I guess time to spend money at Kinkos.

kwe1009

eServices now tracks everything that the CAPF 66 does.  CAPF66 is not required per CAPR 52-16 3-2a if you are using eServices.  You are certainly free to continue using it as a back up to eServices but you should make sure that eServices is current as well.  Another easy-to-use alternative is to use SIMS.  It pulls data from eServices so there isn't much you would have to manually enter and you would quickly and easily have a backup of all of your member's (cadet and SM) data.

As a former member of a gypsy squadron (we didn't have a permanent home) we had to minimize our logistical and administrative footprint.  We were 100% digital with zero paper.  SIMS made that easy as well.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: kwe1009 on May 18, 2016, 02:08:06 PM
eServices now tracks everything that the CAPF 66 does.  CAPF66 is not required per CAPR 52-16 3-2a if you are using eServices.  You are certainly free to continue using it as a back up to eServices but you should make sure that eServices is current as well.  Another easy-to-use alternative is to use SIMS.  It pulls data from eServices so there isn't much you would have to manually enter and you would quickly and easily have a backup of all of your member's (cadet and SM) data.

As a former member of a gypsy squadron (we didn't have a permanent home) we had to minimize our logistical and administrative footprint.  We were 100% digital with zero paper.  SIMS made that easy as well.

I agree, but that's not what the inspector wanted during an SUI. Besides, there IS stuff that isn't tracked on E-services.

Eclipse

What an IG wants is irrelevrnt when the regulation states otherwise, which in this case it clearly does.

Everything important and relevant to a cadet career is in eServices now.

With decs now online, what's left to track that is on a 66 but not in eServices?

"That Others May Zoom"

kwe1009

Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2016, 04:16:47 PM
What an IG wants is irrelevrnt when the regulation states otherwise, which in this case it clearly does.

Everything important and relevant to a cadet career is in eServices now.

With decs now online, what's left to track that is on a 66 but not in eServices?

Exactly.  If the IG can't show a regulation that requires it then they can't mandate it.  Sounds like your IG is going off of outdated guidance.

My squadron went through an inspection last year and didn't have any issues with all of our cadet records being mainly eServices.  We use Google Drive for our squadron files and for the hard copy stuff, we either scan or just take a picture of it and place it in the member's folder.  Very quick and easy.

Майор Хаткевич

I agree, which is why this is a tempoary situation. What kind of stuff do people keep outside of eservices?

kwe1009

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 18, 2016, 05:03:05 PM
I agree, which is why this is a tempoary situation. What kind of stuff do people keep outside of eservices?

The only things outside of eServices that I kept was CAPF120's, 50, 32, 31 and 2A's.  Now that the CAPF120 is online, I just make a PDF of the approved award and keep it in the member's folder.  It isn't required but doesn't take a lot of effort to do.  I also kept copies of award certificates just because.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: kwe1009 on May 18, 2016, 05:50:44 PM
Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on May 18, 2016, 05:03:05 PM

The only things outside of eServices that I kept was CAPF120's, 50, 32, 31 and 2A's.  Now that the CAPF120 is online, I just make a PDF of the approved award and keep it in the member's folder.  It isn't required but doesn't take a lot of effort to do.  I also kept copies of award certificates just because.

Ok, that's in line with what I was thinking.