Washington Wing SAR Mission

Started by LSThiker, July 14, 2015, 06:44:27 PM

LSThiker

Surprised I did not see this posted earlier.  Washington Wing CAP was called out in the search for the missing aircraft.  This is the aircraft that had the teen survive:

http://www.khq.com/story/29530533/update-sheriff-grandparents-did-not-survive-plane-crash

MrGoodwreck

When Washington Wing gets some work, It is usually some good strong work.

I'm a former cadet, and now going to be starting up as a Sr member as soon as my son gets enrolled in our local squadron. I am very much active in our county's EMS system. right now my Helo is out supporting the same mission.  CAP also provided Hi Bird for the OSO landslide a little over a year ago.

Im working in my way to get them some recognition for some of the missions they pull out here, yet seem to be kept in the back round when it come time to had out Atta-Boys...

TheSkyHornet

I have to admit, my jealousy gets wound up a bit when I hear about these CAP missions in some of the more remote areas of the country, such as Washington. Not that I want to see the need for a SAR, but it does keep CAP's purpose alive.

Ohio is a bit on the bland side in regard to actual missions considering the abundance of local and state agencies around this region.

Robborsari

Did Washington Wing get involved in this one?   Can someone with first hand knowledge of the mission give us a rundown?  Thanks.
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087

THRAWN

Quote from: Robborsari on July 22, 2015, 06:12:29 PM
Did Washington Wing get involved in this one?   Can someone with first hand knowledge of the mission give us a rundown?  Thanks.

Didn't even make an effort to read the three post thread, did ya? Your answer is right there in the very first line with a link.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Robborsari

I did see that.   I am asking for a firsthand account.  Not "news".  I guess I should have said, "How heavily was Washington Wing involved" or "Did Washington Wing get deeply involved in this one?" 
Lt Col Rob Borsari<br  / Wing DO
SER-TN-087