Emirates A380 First 3C-Check

Started by Eclipse, November 23, 2014, 03:07:52 AM

Eclipse

Emirates A380 First 3C-Check | Emirates

The first A380 delivered to Emirates completes a 3-C Check.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_maintenance_checks
"This is performed approximately every 20–24 months or a specific amount of actual flight hours (FH) or as defined by the manufacturer. This maintenance check is much more extensive than a B Check, requiring a large majority of the aircraft's components to be inspected. This check puts the aircraft out of service and until it is completed, the aircraft must not leave the maintenance site. It also requires more space than A and B Checks—usually a hangar at a maintenance base. The time needed to complete such a check is generally 1–2 weeks and the effort involved can require up to 6000 man-hours. The schedule of occurrence has many factors and components as has been described, and thus varies by aircraft category and type."

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

They'll have even more "fun" in about 24 months when this aircraft will be due for it's "D" check!
This is where they basically disassemble the aircraft, take a look at it and then put it back together.
Takes about 2 months for a 747-400. The A380 should take that long if not longer.

MacGruff

I saw one of these planes at San Francisco International (SFO) a couple of weeks ago. It was in the Lufthansa livery - not Emirates. It was parked not too far from some 747's. Frankly, I would not want to fly on one of these beasts as it looks like it would take hours to load and unload the people from it. The 747's looked much nicer and I've flown on them many times...

PHall

IIRC they try to use the gates with 2 jetways for these airplanes. Just one of the mods some airports made to prepare for the A380.