Main Menu

Welp, I'm done.

Started by The14th, June 26, 2014, 04:15:56 PM

The14th

This is discouraging. But I think I'm going to try and stay, just maybe in a different capacity. There are a lot of other "issues" I did not address that concerned me. But I like the idea of CAP too much to just give up. We shall see I guess.

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 07, 2014, 03:56:48 PM
On a related note, I'm back. Had a calm talk with the CC on Saturday after I'd had a chance to think things over and some of the nice PMs I got persuaded me to stay. I just can't go. It's like Horse....one you get it in your system it's really hard to quit it. And if you do manage to quit, and somehow get sucked back in, it gets much much worse, so no sense in going through a mind change two or three years down the road. Again.

The14th, we've all been there and done that. Some squadrons are not as good as others, and some are far worse as far as wanting or needing you to stay. Some are highly motivated and others can give a rat's posterior beyond doing the bare minimum to get by. Sounds like you got shafted in your choice.

They may just let it go, after a few months. The CC may be thinking "hey, if we go down 1 more member, we're gonna be made a flight" or something similar. I wouldn't expect anyone to call or email. We've never been good at that, even back in the day. It is what it is, and I'm sorry you got stuck with that kind of crap. That's not what we need, not what you need.

Well, good, quite honestly!

Not sure I like the analogy of CAP being like Horse but...whatever!