If you were a gambling man...

Started by Panache, May 20, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Do you think the new 39-1 will be released before 01 June 2014?

Yes. I have faith.
12 (17.1%)
No. It won't happen.
41 (58.6%)
Kinda. It'll be another draft version released for comments.
7 (10%)
I hope not, as that is one of the pre-ordained signs of the Apocalypse.
10 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: May 31, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Panache

Angus

Quote from: Panache on May 21, 2014, 02:08:41 PM
Quote from: NIN on May 21, 2014, 02:07:48 PM
Quote from: Panache on May 21, 2014, 01:52:13 PM
(or maybe not...)

^^^ this is the most likely. Occam's Razor and all.

Or Murphy's Law.

Right now you could even say we have a case Schrodinger's CAPM39-1.  Until it comes out we may have changes and we may have no changes.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

JeffDG

Quote from: Angus on May 21, 2014, 02:45:15 PM
(or maybe not...)

Or Murphy's Law.

Right now you could even say we have a case Schrodinger's CAPM39-1.  Until it comes out we may have changes and we may have no changes.
So 39-1 exists in a superposition of multiple states?

Garibaldi

Quote from: JeffDG on May 21, 2014, 02:54:48 PM
(or maybe not...)

Or Murphy's Law.

Grrr...this thread is both alive and dead.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Panache

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 21, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
(or maybe not...)

Or Murphy's Law.

My thread has gone quantum!

JeffDG

Quote from: Garibaldi on May 21, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
(or maybe not...)

Or Murphy's Law.

Not anymore, it's been observed.

LSThiker

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: NIN on May 20, 2014, 11:13:05 AM
Quote from: Panache on May 20, 2014, 09:42:54 AM
As we're more than halfway through May, and (as of the time of this posting) the new 39-1 hasn't been released by NHQ yet (despite unofficially having a target month of May 2014), do you think it will be released before the month is up?

Some are having difficulty transitioning from Office 2010 to Office 2013 .... ;)

I still use OFFICE 97!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Devil Doc

I loathed Windows XP service pack 3, too bad they dont support it anymore :(
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

NIN

I love that wooshing sound as things go sailing over everybody's heads
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

The CyBorg is destroyed

The song "In The Year 2525" goes through my mind...
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ColonelJack

Quote from: NIN on May 21, 2014, 06:58:51 PM
I love that wooshing sound as things go sailing over everybody's heads

When things go that high in the sky ... they should have flight attendants on them.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

NIN

Quote from: ColonelJack on May 22, 2014, 11:30:25 AM
When things go that high in the sky ... they should have flight attendants on them.

And conform to RVSM..
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Panache

Quote from: NIN on May 21, 2014, 11:14:49 AM
Not much to tell really. Even though most/all of what went into the uniform manual has been seen and approved by CAP-USAF ( at least as far as USAF style uniforms ) as OK , there have been some changes in the interim based on the feedback from the membership.

Are you at liberty to tell us (or even hint) at to what these changes are?

NIN

Quote from: Panache on May 22, 2014, 01:27:20 PM

I don't think I have a canonical list of the post-member comment changes.  I do know that a couple were added (Circled US for NCOs, embroidered CAP emblem on blue windbreaker like the USAF, tweaks to the National Staff Badge) before it went to CAP-USAF, but I don't know about all the 20-ish suggested changes that came about after the comment period.

I've only really heard about a few thru casual conversation (remove cutouts from field jacket epaulets, for example).

Guess I'm as in the dark as anybody on this until it comes out.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Angus

Quote from: NIN on May 22, 2014, 04:13:34 PM
Quote from: Panache on May 22, 2014, 01:27:20 PM

I don't think I have a canonical list of the post-member comment changes.  I do know that a couple were added (Circled US for NCOs, embroidered CAP emblem on blue windbreaker like the USAF, tweaks to the National Staff Badge) before it went to CAP-USAF, but I don't know about all the 20-ish suggested changes that came about after the comment period.

I've only really heard about a few thru casual conversation (remove cutouts from field jacket epaulets, for example).

Guess I'm as in the dark as anybody on this until it comes out.

From anything you've heard or seen any change with the Aeronautical ratings on the Distinctive Field Uniform?  The whole light blue patch thing doesn't sound like it will look that great. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

NIN

Quote from: Angus on May 22, 2014, 05:34:08 PM
From anything you've heard or seen any change with the Aeronautical ratings on the Distinctive Field Uniform?  The whole light blue patch thing doesn't sound like it will look that great.

Honestly don't recall.  I know when ABUs was in the mix, the consideration was for dark blue tapes on both ABU & BluDUs (lol), but those went away when ABUs were removed from the mix.  Since distinctive field uniform is not really something I own, I didn't pay close attention when I read that part!

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Panache

Quote from: NIN on May 22, 2014, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: Angus on May 22, 2014, 05:34:08 PM

Honestly don't recall.  I know when ABUs was in the mix, the consideration was for dark blue tapes on both ABU & BluDUs (lol), but those went away when ABUs were removed from the mix. 

Dang it!

Panache

Quote from: NIN on May 22, 2014, 05:38:28 PM
I know when ABUs was in the mix, the consideration was for dark blue tapes on both ABU & BluDUs (lol), but those went away when ABUs were removed from the mix.

The more I think about this, the more aggravated I get.

Okay, fine, they insist we continue to wear that butt-ugly white shirt that nobody likes.  They took away the authorization to wear the flight cap with the blue flight suit and made no attempt to resolve our lack of headgear with the aviator shirt outfit (and, no, the baseball cap doesn't count as it's wildly inappropriate with that outfit).  But at least we could wear navy blue tapes and insignia with the BBDUs, so the entire "walking billboard" effect would be lessened.  At the very least, we would look sharp in the BBDUs.

Well, we couldn't have that, could we?

So they apparently took the time and effort to take that out once ABUs weren't in the future.  But that's okay, because they tweaked the National Staff Badge!  And added circles to the US insignia on the USAF-style coats for the handful of NCOs that we have!  And got rid of those bothersome CAP cutouts on BDU field jackets!  And finally, finally, ended our long national nightmare and got embroidery on the USAF-style windbreaker.

But let's make sure we get one final dig into the those fat and furries.

I am now convinced that, present company excepted, the attitude of The Powers That Be towards the "Distinctive Corporate Uniform" members is, at best, passive-aggressive, if not outright hostile. 

Sorry, but I'm growing weary of donating my time, energy, and money to an organization that not only considers me a 2nd-class member, but makes sure I don't forget it.  A couple of things in CAP have been irking me as of late, and this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I'm done.  I'm out.  I'll meet my obligations until my membership runs out, but I will not be renewing.

lordmonar

You're quitting over the uniform?   Really?  :o

Thanks for playing.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP