New Cadet Programs Specialty Track Pamphlet P216 published

Started by paul83814, January 23, 2014, 05:40:38 PM

LSThiker

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 02, 2014, 03:59:08 AM
Of course it's no big deal to those it doesn't impact, but I bet if it impacted your ratings and progression you'd feel otherwise.

If you re-read my post, you will notice I already answered your assertion to the contrary:

QuoteThis has happened to me on a number of occasions both inside and outside of CAP.  The only [thing] you can do is drive on and carry out the mission.

QuoteNHQ doesn't care about the impact this has had on membership involved and that is clear.  If they did care everyone would have been grandfathered, and this wouldn't have been "prematurely published".  Piss poor leadership at higher levels with no regard how it impacts those in the system.

And frankly, your ranting is making it pretty clear that you do not care about the mission or the program, just your rating.  I think the drastic changes seen over the last decade to the CP provide clear evidence that those CP members do care about the program.  Did this pamphlet get prematurely published?  I do not know for sure, but if that is the case, well someone made a mistake.  I just we are just that:  human.

abdsp51

Everyone who thinks I don't care about the mission I'd be more than happy to provide references otherwise.  And you fail to see that without the people (aka screwed membership) that mission is going to fail period.  PD gets beaten to death on this board but from what I see here it's obviously no big deal, if membership is screwed in the process. 

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 02, 2014, 12:16:25 PM
Everyone who thinks I don't care about the mission I'd be more than happy to provide references otherwise.  And you fail to see that without the people (aka screwed membership) that mission is going to fail period.  PD gets beaten to death on this board but from what I see here it's obviously no big deal, if membership is screwed in the process.
Okay.....we have used the word "screwed" here......but really how are they screwed?

"Sorry you can't complete your Tech/Senior/Master rating yet.....because we added the following tasks."

Yes....sometimes that might set someone back a year.....maybe....but so what?   
Yes it is not "fair" but anytime you make rule changes someone get "screwed" whether it is the new guy who now has harder hoops to jump through or it is the old guy who had to jump through fire before the watered down the requirements.

The only question is do you agree with the rule changes or not?  Not how they were implemented but XYZ is either a good idea or not.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Whether I agree or disagree is not the issue.  You and I both know that if the executon is poor its bad business, and this bad business all the way around.  The only ones I see countering everything are those not impacted by it. 

jimmydeanno

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 02, 2014, 01:02:35 PM
Whether I agree or disagree is not the issue.  You and I both know that if the executon is poor its bad business, and this bad business all the way around.  The only ones I see countering everything are those not impacted by it.

Except everyone who has said its not a big deal has provided examples of how they were impacted in similar situations previously and that we just rolled with it.  Its not that we "fail to see" ( since you're so enlightened and we aren't) it's that we are able to see past the end of our own noses and realize that the big picture of this is not that big of a deal, and while unfortunate that some people had their goal post moved, due to no fault of their own, the impact overall is negligible and not unrealistic in it's expectations.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

LSThiker

Just because we are not affected by this decision, does not mean we have not been affected by other changes.  I am sure nearly all of us have been in those shoes at one point in time or another.  Back when I was in college, my graduation requirements changed when I was starting my 4th year and getting ready to graduate.  There was no "grandfather" clause.  I had to spend one additional semester in college.  So instead of graduating in May, I graduated in December.  So there I had to pay a few thousand dollars more.  When the National Guard switched from 2 years as a 2LT to 18 months as a 2LT, I wonder how many 1LTs got screwed out of money and time-in-grade?  Like can suck sometimes, move on.

lordmonar

And?

The powers that be say "this is what you need to be a tech/senior/master in CP".    It is different from what it used to be.   So how are people getting screwed?

Sure Member X using the old CAPP has to do some more things......how is that him getting screwed?

Storm Chaser

I found this post from our "friend" on the Cadet Programs section of capmembers.com:

QuoteThis is a crock, as my requirements for my senior rating have increased and nothing has changed. Either grandfather everyone who was pursuing a rating above tech or grandfather no one this is a crock and undervalues and demeans membership who have bent over backwards to advance in their chosen tracks.

And the response from NHQ/CP:

QuoteThank you for your feedback. It was not our intent to make the new requirements an undue burden on members who have been working diligently to advance in the Cadet Programs specialty track. Members who are currently technician rated and pursuing their senior rating under the new regulations have two new additional knowledge requirements. However, it should be noted that they are no longer responsible for knowing another 10 items from the 2011 checklist. There should be very little disruption to personal training timelines. -Joanna

It seems to me that NHQ/CP is doing everything they can to help those members who were affected by the change. That tells me that they do care about the members and are not trying to "screw" anyone, as was suggested earlier.

Eclipse

What are the two sticking in your craw?   

I can't wade the chaff to see what the big deal is.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

I think NHQ showed that they're willing to work with members to get issues resolved. To me that's a big deal and says a lot about the people working there. It's easy to criticize when they make a mistake, but they should also be praised when they work hard to correct it.

lordmonar

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on April 03, 2014, 03:36:40 AM
The new CP track has all the DDR requirments added.

Ah! Bach.   Yes, now I remember.

Absent dropping DDR altogether, and fairness to those caught mid-stream, forcing DDR into the
CP track was really the only way it wasn't going to die, since as it is today, it's near impossible
for many (most?) wings to reach for what little funding there is, and I don't really know anyone
who thinks it's doing much good but checking a box for the USAF.

CAP membership >is< DDR in and of itself, beyond that, it's just Ad-Council background noise.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

That's all that is left, but there were some substantial additions removed.

THRAWN

"CAP membership >is< DDR in and of itself, beyond that, it's just Ad-Council background noise."

Truer words were never spoken. Up with people....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

abdsp51

That was a canned response by NHQ and alot of tap dancing.  They  were selective in who they are grandfathering and demeaned the rest.  It was a piss poor move on their part and no acceptance of responsibilty for the fall out. 

PA Guy

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 03, 2014, 12:22:57 PM
That was a canned response by NHQ and alot of tap dancing.  They  were selective in who they are grandfathering and demeaned the rest.  It was a piss poor move on their part and no acceptance of responsibilty for the fall out.

You really do need to get over this. Go Patron, take a sabbatical  but you need to move on from this. Your anger just isn't in proportion to the perceived issue. Who said life was fair? Has your AF career been 100? fair and on the money?  You are refusing to listen to anyone or accept any explanation except your own. It is time to move on.

abdsp51

Quote from: PA Guy on April 03, 2014, 01:10:43 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on April 03, 2014, 12:22:57 PM

You really do need to get over this. Go Patron, take a sabbatical  but you need to move on from this. Your anger just isn't in proportion to the perceived issue. Who said life was fair? Has your AF career been 100? fair and on the money?  You are refusing to listen to anyone or accept any explanation except your own. It is time to move on.

Really? Has my career been spot on, for the most part yes it has.  But I can tell you that when training requirements change they allow (grandfather) those already in a program to finish.  If they changed my cdcs now I wouldn't have to stop and take the new set.  My anger is proportinate and when explanations are canned and placating I do not have to accept it.  This was a snub to people involved and even bigger one that only those pursuing their masters will be grandfathered.  This could have and should have been executed better. 

PA Guy

^^^^^^^

Point proven. You don't want anyone's help or advice so I will let it go .Good Luck and I sincerely mean that.

abdsp51

LSThiker

Quote from: abdsp51 on April 03, 2014, 01:47:36 PM
Get over it is not advice nor help.

Actually it is advice, the same with move on.  It just is not the advice you want to hear.  So with that, I am taking my own advice and moving on.  But one last little thing, posting messages to NHQ for the purpose of snubbing the cadet programs staff is not going to change anything.