We need to improve Recruitment

Started by alltheway, January 16, 2014, 04:38:13 AM

alltheway

So I became the new CC of our Squadron and one of the things that I really want to do is to improve our membership. To do that I will need to recruit, so can I get some ideas on whats been working for other squadrons? I know that one way is to recruit through schools and I plan on doing that. But since I've never done it I don't know the best method. So should I give a talk on CAP? Or, should we do a Color guard performance or what?
(Our color guard isn't all that great considering we haven't had a lot of practice)
Thanks,
C/Captain Daniel Holt
Cadet Commander

Eclipse

Schools are probably your last effort.

Airshows, "bring a friend" nights, stand-ups and booths at local events where people of cadet age and senior demographics
would be in attendance, etc., are a better deal.

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Wow, I cannot say that I have seen a person get banned the same day he registered and within a single post.

Storm Chaser

I don't know what he did to get banned, but the information on his profile seems to be legit.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Eclipse on January 16, 2014, 04:49:25 AM
Schools are probably your last effort.

Airshows, "bring a friend" nights, stand-ups and booths at local events where people of cadet age and senior demographics
would be in attendance, etc., are a better deal.

It really depends. While I think recruiting at airshows, local events, etc. can be very effective, my unit's had success recruiting at schools. Last school year alone, we recruited 22 cadets.

a2capt

Perhaps calling himself "CC" and not being the Unit CC, but rather the Unit C/CC..

LSThiker

Quote from: a2capt on January 16, 2014, 05:59:23 AM
Perhaps calling himself "CC" and not being the Unit CC, but rather the Unit C/CC..

Hope not the reason.  It was in his signature that he put "Cadet Commander".  Even if he typed CC (which was probably misunderstood by him to mean cadet commander), nothing seemed over the line that a minute amount of education could not fix.  So I guess only the mods will know.

PHall

Duplicate account is usually the fastest way to get banned.

SarDragon

I recognize the name, but can't quite place it.

Search revealed a trollish "dholt" who is listed as a Guest on his posts now. Didn't seem to have much of a clue, even after counseling.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

nmkaufman0

I did not realize how easy it is to get off topic.
C/A1C Nathaniel Mark Kaufman
Thunderbolt Composite Squadron

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

LSThiker

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on February 06, 2014, 02:40:47 PM
So when are we getting ABUs?

I've been dealing with members who have ABU for years.

You're referring to "Artificially Bunched Underwear" right?

"That Others May Zoom"