Uniforms you'd like to see brought back...

Started by Treadhead, January 31, 2013, 03:49:09 AM

Texas Raiders

SM Randy Patterson
DPO
399th Comp. Squadron,  Danbury, CT "Yankee Hatters"
IAFF Local 1567
USCG- 1998-2010   Boatswain's Mate
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

Abby.L

Quote from: Texas Raiders on February 17, 2013, 04:40:53 AM
Quote from: TJT__98 on February 16, 2013, 06:32:09 PM
CSU stands for Corporate Service Uniform. Here is the link to a picture
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Civil+Air+Patrol+CSU&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=en&biw=1920&bih=960&tbm=isch&tbnid=LrCPN2dgVI2TaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.capmembers.com/cap_national_hq/member_services/uniform_information/new-corporate-uniform/&docid=xSc27TdWmnJf7M&imgurl=http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Corporate_Service_Coat_with_CAP_356B2C183EF48.jpg&w=415&h=520&ei=0M8fUZnNEY6c9QT-kIHoCA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:84&iact=rc&dur=266&sig=113558830980685141785&page=1&tbnh=177&tbnw=134&start=0&ndsp=19&tx=81&ty=17. Sorry, I don't know how to post a picture here.
I know from CAPTalk that everyone seems to either love it or hate it.

It looks alright to me, but with two exceptions.  The ribbons don't look right with the pocket size (should be three-wide) and I think it would look better as a single breasted coat, not double.  Just my two cents. 
That's the point. This uniform, being a CAP Corporate uniform, had to have certain differences from the AF service coat to be approved. This came in its double-breasted form. Other than that, it was worn almost identically, including the option of 3- or 4-wide ribbons, and the AF pants. It was, however worn with a white shirt instead of the AF blue, which enabled a S/L sleeve AF basic service dress equivalent, which was nice. It was actually a sharp uniform, though I only saw it once, and that was after I actually looked around and saw something different. It was a uniform that really could have brought together the horizontally challenged and those in AF weight/height standards. Though, I wish it also could have had the option for at least a trimmed beard or goatee, as that really would have brought the entirety of CAP together.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

The CyBorg is destroyed

And we were never told why it was taken. >:(

It's nice to wish it would be brought back, but it won't be.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Grumpy

BGNightfall

Actually, I think bringing back the Pinks and Greens with the red epaulets would be fantastic as a corporate uniform.  There were so many combos for that thing that it's hard not to make everybody happy, it ties directly to our roots as an organization, and there's no blue involved!

Texas Raiders

Quote from: BGNightfall on February 19, 2013, 02:23:29 AM
Actually, I think bringing back the Pinks and Greens with the red epaulets would be fantastic as a corporate uniform.  There were so many combos for that thing that it's hard not to make everybody happy, it ties directly to our roots as an organization, and there's no blue involved!

Pinks and greens-  I'm out on the red epaulets.  Bring back metal ranks for the epaulets.  CAP prop buttons, belt buckles, officer hat devices, and CAP cut-outs (no more US) would be brass.  Shoes would be brown.  Nametags could remain the same as are now.

I like the OG-107 sateens for a "work uniform" minus the baseball cap.  I'm in for a Ridgeway or a OD patrol cap.  Again, bring back metal ranks. 

SM Randy Patterson
DPO
IAFF Local 1567
Former member of the old 273rd/ Mid-County Composite Squadron, Nederland, Texas- 1994-2000

sarmed1

I have to throw my vote in for OG Jungle Fatigues as well.  I too wore them until the end, often times in lieu of BDU's. (while both were authorized) I dont know if was ever actually authorized but for a while I had a slant pocket camo pattern shirt that I kept in my gear as a "back up" field shirt. (it is still somewhere in my basement)  My OG jungles became an OPFOR shirt while I was as DMAFB....they did not survive....

Even as a military member I wore the OG jungle boots as long as I could.  The official AF speak went along the lines of:  "....may be worn until no longer serviceable, then replaced....."  I think a subsequent AFI moved them to the banned list, but it had to be somewhere in the 2006ish range. (they still sit in my closet, mostly as a cut the grass sort of pair of boots.)

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

ßτε

ColonelJack

Quote from: ßτε on February 19, 2013, 05:10:40 PM
Guayabera uniform

You forgot to add your smiley to that.  (Unless, of course, you were serious...in which case, I think I'm gonna be sick.)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

BGNightfall

Guayabera uniform

Add a tropical variant with khaki shorts, flip-flops and a Mai-Tai, and I'd be all over that. 

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: BGNightfall on February 20, 2013, 03:43:50 AM
Guayabera uniform

Add a tropical variant with khaki shorts, flip-flops and a Mai-Tai, and I'd be all over that.

Those were my standard work clothes when I was stationed on Kwajalein Atoll! Also known as 'Kwaj BDUs' (Beach Dress Utilities). :D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Texas Raiders on February 19, 2013, 02:27:02 PM
Pinks and greens-  I'm out on the red epaulets.  Bring back metal ranks for the epaulets.  CAP prop buttons, belt buckles, officer hat devices, and CAP cut-outs (no more US) would be brass.  Shoes would be brown.  Nametags could remain the same as are now.

That's all good, except for the current nameplates...grey on pinks and greens?  Or did you mean the blazer nameplate?  I'd be good with the brushed-silver "CIVIL AIR PATROL" nameplate for the CSU.

Don't forget the winged-prop device, though we may have to get permission from the Army for that.

Quote from: ColonelJack on February 19, 2013, 11:05:35 PM
You forgot to add your smiley to that.  (Unless, of course, you were serious...in which case, I think I'm gonna be sick.)

Jack

That's what I thought too, Colonel.  Great Bog in Devon, whose idea was that for a "uniform?"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Texas Raiders

Quote from: CyBorg on February 20, 2013, 04:30:28 PM
Quote from: Texas Raiders on February 19, 2013, 02:27:02 PM

That's all good, except for the current nameplates...grey on pinks and greens?  Or did you mean the blazer nameplate?  I'd be good with the brushed-silver "CIVIL AIR PATROL" nameplate for the CSU.

Don't forget the winged-prop device, though we may have to get permission from the Army for that.

I'd actually go with a black nameplate with white lettering for cadets and maybe a brushed brass nameplate for the seniors.  You're right about the winged prop insignia.  The Army would need to be contacted for permission.  There are some differences between the current issue and the vintage USAAF version, but it's not widely recognized.  The current version is shown first, followed by a pair of USAAF pins.  See below. 
SM Randy Patterson
DPO
IAFF Local 1567

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Texas Raiders on February 20, 2013, 04:55:28 PM
I'd actually go with a black nameplate with white lettering for cadets and maybe a brushed brass nameplate for the seniors.

Mmm...I wonder how many cadets would be up for wearing that ILO the AF blue uniform.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ZigZag911

Two thoughts:

1) Why take AF uniform away from cadets?  Visual distinction between officer/instructors and cadets/midshipmen seems to work well for service academies, could be beneficial to CAP.

2) Re: Guayabera -- forget all the other additions, forget guayabera itself, keep what we have, add mai tai!