Main Menu

Anti-CAP group on Myspace

Started by RiverAux, February 25, 2007, 08:50:06 PM

RiverAux

Here is a link to a group site on myspace targeted at CAP members: http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=100044334.

Here is the introduction to this group:
QuoteIndividuals are strongly advised to take warning to the information presented and make your own destinction on whether or not CAP is a good program to join.

The Negative:

Your participation in this organization may result in your rights being violated.

Lawsuits are pending the organization for rape, sexual misconduct charges, misappropriation of USAF funds, money laundering, kidnapping, purjury, false inprisonment, and many more.

Please take warning and read the forums depicting CAP.

Although CAP has good intentions, many distraught and criminal minded members of CAP create a hap-hazard for anybody in the cadet program. Join at your own risk.

The National Commander of CAP is a very corrupt individual. Antonia Pineda has been hurting CAP's good reputation for a long time now. Please read the letter below and look up the news report involving a cheating scandel involving Pineda cheating his way into leadership roles.

Members of the real military may look down on you "playing soldier" many cadets join in hopes of showing active duty personel that they too are serious about serving their country! When in reality, CAP is the laughing stock of the military world. For those that have even heard of CAP, they see CAP as little children.

CAP embelishes the theory that it saves lives. If you think that you will go out and save any lives in a search and rescue role. You are in the wrong program. Go join your local County SAR team.

If you want to fly and get your feet wet in the aviation field. You are in the right place. (Sometimes)

It has 1,952 members.  Any of you CAP members on myspace might want to think about being a member of this group based on their stated agenda.  There are a couple of other CAP groups on myspace that might be more to your liking. 

DNall

Somone want to forward that to the national legal officer. That's why we have control over use of our name. Quick letter to MySpace will knock them offline w/o need of filing a lawsuit. I wouldn't want my name on that list of members either, might not be good for you.

Eclipse

Oh, Lord, help us!

When I first saw the link, I figured that iwas just more NoTF nonsense,
but when I saw that:

Little Butterfly!- Earn FREE Books for your family
Death Incarnate
Frick & Frack
   ...AND... SLEEPY!

were all members, well THAT got my attention...

"That Others May Zoom"

PA Guy

Judging from the the writing style, misspelled words and incorrect usage of other words it sounds a lot like the former member from TNWG.

JaL5597

Quote from: PA Guy on February 26, 2007, 02:20:22 AM
Judging from the the writing style, misspelled words and incorrect usage of other words it sounds a lot like the former member from TNWG.

Washington Wing.

RiverAux

Sad thing is that most of the people who joined the group probably have never seen that message.

ItsAllVerbatim

I've been a member of the group since late 2005.

The current moderator became disenchanted with CAP over a supposed sexual tryst he exposed at the Wing level that he was subsequently chastised for.

He then took to his group bashing CAP left and right - something he is entitled to do under the 1st Amendment.

The majority of the group, and myself, do not condone his behavior.  But we do respect his right to free speech, and, to some degree, his rightful indignation.  He has devoted countless hours and years of his young adult and adult life to the program, and when he tried to right a wrong, he was shunned for doing so.

Again, I'll emphasize that the vast majority of the groups member's are not anti-CAP, CAP bashers, nor anything of the sort.  They just happen to be members of a group, about CAP, that until this past Christmas was very pro-CAP.  In recent months, it has taken a turn for the worse.

That's all there is to it. 

Major_Chuck

A lot of trash written there.  It actually needs to go the National Legal officer.  You've got a slander case embedded in there by naming Tony Pineda.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Matt

Quote from: CAP Safety Dude on February 26, 2007, 08:48:04 PM
A lot of trash written there.  It actually needs to go the National Legal officer.  You've got a slander case embedded in there by naming Tony Pineda.

Well, without reading further in... whoever it was misspelled Pineda's name... hence: "Antonia"... yup - bears real credibility when you can't even make a valid argument...
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

A.Member

Who cares. 

Are you really going to get worked up everytime someone says something bad about the organization?  If that's the case you'll be running around putting out tiny fires until the cows come home.  There will always be someone that has a grudge against something.   At the end of the day it's a MySpace page for crying out loud.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

MississippiFlyboy

I read some of the messages on there about Cadets getting in trouble because of things said on myspace and other communications mediums.  Are e-mails/text messages/posts/etc fair game for disciplanary action if they are not CAP related? remember some threads on CS about this kind of stuff and how sharply divided everyone was.  I have to admit if I was a cadet in CAP (i did my WIWAC in AFJROTC) and people were constantly monitoring my online activities I would probably feel angry too.  I realize that CAP is a voluntary activity and you have to adhere to a certain code of conduct to be a cadet.  However, where do we draw the line between someone's private life and their CAP life?  Having said that, I don't usually put CAP as an interest or keyword on online profiles for that very reason and some of these cadets would probably fare better if they didn't have a thousand references to CAP in their myspace pages. 

FYI before I get blasted about using content from this site as the basis for an observation, i have also witnessed this type of activity in my wing with cadets and seniors. 
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Kevin Myers
2d Lt, CAP
SER-MS-100

JohnKachenmeister

The "Group Leader" who calls himself "Joshua" has popped up as a troll on some righteous CAP groups.  He responds to challenges to his trolling with disrespectful, profanity-laden rants.

He claims to be active-duty USAF.  Of course, internet claims are always to be taken with a grain of salt.

Except when I claim to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.  That claim is true, but be suspicious about all others.

Another former CAP officer

NIN

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on February 28, 2007, 12:26:40 AM
Except when I claim to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.  That claim is true, but be suspicious about all others.

Hey, you usurper.  I'm the father!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Fifinella

Quote from: MississippiFlyboy on February 27, 2007, 10:29:04 PM
I read some of the messages on there about Cadets getting in trouble because of things said on myspace and other communications mediums.  Are e-mails/text messages/posts/etc fair game for disciplanary action if they are not CAP related? remember some threads on CS about this kind of stuff and how sharply divided everyone was.  I have to admit if I was a cadet in CAP (i did my WIWAC in AFJROTC) and people were constantly monitoring my online activities I would probably feel angry too.  I realize that CAP is a voluntary activity and you have to adhere to a certain code of conduct to be a cadet.  However, where do we draw the line between someone's private life and their CAP life?  Having said that, I don't usually put CAP as an interest or keyword on online profiles for that very reason and some of these cadets would probably fare better if they didn't have a thousand references to CAP in their myspace pages. 

FYI before I get blasted about using content from this site as the basis for an observation, i have also witnessed this type of activity in my wing with cadets and seniors. 

I don't have any firsthand knowledge about CAP cadets getting in trouble for myspace posts, but I do know other kids on myspace have been expelled from school for myspace postings, and slightly-older folks have had job apps rejected for the same reason.  Sign of the times, I guess.  How "private" is one's private life these days?
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Becks

Quote from: NIN on February 28, 2007, 12:42:17 AM

Liar!
Cant we all just split the check?

BBATW

flyguy06

Why are all these older people (45 years and up) ranting about a webpage for teens. Its all just teenegaers acting like teenagers. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

SO, they bad mouthed CAP. Its their right to do that. I have heard folks on this forumbad mouth ceratin leaders in CAP. Its a simple case of teens bein teens. Nothingmore, nothing less

Al Sayre

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 28, 2007, 05:09:51 AM
Why are all these older people (45 years and up) ranting about a webpage for teens. Its all just teenegaers acting like teenagers. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

SO, they bad mouthed CAP. Its their right to do that. I have heard folks on this forumbad mouth ceratin leaders in CAP. Its a simple case of teens bein teens. Nothingmore, nothing less

I see it as an issue of responsibility, maturity, and integrity.  If you have a problem with CAP, discuss it and solve it within your chain of command.  If you are stupid enough to put pictures of yourself commitiing illegal acts on the internet, then why on earth would you expect me to put you in a position of responsibility for other Cadets?  If you can't adhere to the core values, and aren't proud of your affiliation with CAP, then quit.  No one was drafted into CAP.  YMMV
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Becks on February 28, 2007, 04:54:05 AM
Quote from: NIN on February 28, 2007, 12:42:17 AM

Liar!
Cant we all just split the check?

I'm not the father of Anna Nicoles infant child but I will take the money.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Ricochet13

Quote from: Al Sayre on February 28, 2007, 01:12:03 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on February 28, 2007, 05:09:51 AM

I see it as an issue of responsibility, maturity, and integrity.  If you have a problem with CAP, discuss it and solve it within your chain of command.  If you are stupid enough to put pictures of yourself commitiing illegal acts on the internet, then why on earth would you expect me to put you in a position of responsibility for other Cadets?  If you can't adhere to the core values, and aren't proud of your affiliation with CAP, then quit.  No one was drafted into CAP.  YMMV

Perhaps the "Chain of Command" is non-responsive . . . . even outright vindictive?  Have seen references to 2b's and unmarked black vans from Maxwell rather frequently on verious CAP-related websites. 

And with reference to "Core Values" . . . perhaps all of us from CG down to the most recent member should take some time in the next couple of days to review and think about the concepts it seaks to.  Wonder if, in addition to the "Safety Pledge", ALL OF US ought to add a review of "Core Values" regularly to activities.

We, as paying members of CAP, have an obligation to our organization to practice its concepts ourself, set an example for our subordinates and hold them responsible, and perhaps MOST importantly, hold leaders at all levels accountable to the same standards.

Excuse me for a moment . . . a black van just pulled into my drive way and I'm going to . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . .

Ricochet13

Hummm. . . . that should be various, not verious and speaks, not seaks.  Hey! just realized there IS a spell check function! Duh!!

lordmonar

Quote from: MississippiFlyboy on February 27, 2007, 10:29:04 PM

The question is....if your squadron member (cadet or senior) was standing on the street with a sign bad mouthing CAP, wing, or your squadron to everyone who just walked by....would you just ignore it or do something about it?  On line in a public forum is just the same as standing on a street corner.  If you have something to say...by all means say it, but remember that every action has consequences.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SJFedor

Wierd, that group didn't always used to be anti-CAP, and wasn't until not too long ago. That's why it has so many members, because it used to be the Yay-for-CAP group.

Someone said "The current moderator became disenchanted with CAP over a supposed sexual tryst he exposed at the Wing level that he was subsequently chastised for."

Perhaps, but even in a worst scenario, there's at least ONE responsible adult at the wing level that would address it properly. I have a burning feeling that he blew it up into more then it should have been based on his personal feelings, and didn't want to wait for due process, thus his disenchantment with the organization. He might not have been chastised for trying to expose the so called "sexual tryst" at wing level, but rather for the methods he used to "expose" it. There's more then 2 sides to most stories, and I'm sure this one has a very interesting 2nd side that he hasn't told. I have no personal knowledge of it, so I won't comment further.

If I remember correctly, this was the same kid that, a few years back, had pictures of himself holding an airsoft gun with the orange tip painted over in some suggestive poses, including in a CAP uniform or two, as well as claiming to be a part of some special HLS unit in WA Wing.

I cut my grain of salt into tenth's for him.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

JohnKachenmeister

How come everybody in CAP is involved in sex scandals but me?

JC004

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 02, 2007, 02:27:33 PM
How come everybody in CAP is involved in sex scandals but me?

Cuz you've got enough on your hands with the Anna Nicole thing.   8)  When you get your money, would you mind maybe buying the CAP supply rights from Vanguard?   ;D

DrJbdm

ALL of ya'll are lying dogs...I'm the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.... it looks just like me! However in the interest of not having to go thru paternity tests and embarrass ya'll, we can all split the money. there's enough to go around. Heck i'll even share the videos she and I made!  (just don't tell my wife!)  ;D

JC004

Quote from: DrJbdm on March 28, 2007, 08:10:10 PM
ALL of ya'll are lying dogs...I'm the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby.... it looks just like me! However in the interest of not having to go thru paternity tests and embarrass ya'll, we can all split the money. there's enough to go around. Heck i'll even share the videos she and I made!  (just don't tell my wife!)  ;D

Your secrets are safe here on the internet.   ;)

LTC_Gadget

As to what one can say under the rules of free speech, and where it collides with slander or libel, only a lawyer can say for sure.  If one is smart, one steers slightly leeward of anything that gets even close to being a question of that kind of intent.  Err on the side of caution, and you won't have to defend yourself at $200/hr, eh?

Regarding ANS, despite rumors to the contrary, I have never been to the Bahamas.  I'm strictly a cool-weather kinda guy.  I was never in a compromising position with her either. The negatives are fakes!!  Even I have my standards, OK!!  ;D  So, the likelihood of any money coming my way from that is very, very, low.  So, instead, I'm buying lottery tickets.  After I win the PowerBall, I'm going to fund a few pet projects to benefit some hard-working, under-funded, under-supported, under-recognized CAP members.  Anyone think we could use a few helicopters for SAR??  :)
John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

Major Carrales

QuoteAs to what one can say under the rules of free speech, and where it collides with slander or libel, only a lawyer can say for sure.

Actually, only a jury can say for sure...and they are as fickle as one can get.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

LTC_Gadget

John Boyd, LtCol, CAP
Mitchell and Earhart unnumbered, yada, yada
The older I get, the more I learn.  The more I learn, the more I find left yet to learn.

Major Carrales

Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 29, 2007, 03:00:48 AM
Touche'    :D

I actually sat on a jury at the start of this year...let me tell you.  It was the most unusual and intense thing I have ever been a part of.

I puzzle to this day as to how they intended to award a woman free medical for life at the expense of a fast food conglomerate after they had found her totally liable. 

Commander
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 29, 2007, 03:08:44 AM
Quote from: LTC_Gadget on March 29, 2007, 03:00:48 AM
Touche'    :D

I actually sat on a jury at the start of this year...let me tell you.  It was the most unusual and intense thing I have ever been a part of.

I puzzle to this day as to how they intended to award a woman free medical for life at the expense of a fast food conglomerate after they had found her totally liable. 
I wonder how they can find a Food Chain liable for anything that the "victim" did. Such as spill coffee on themselves, or choke on a pickle- they are both SUPPOSED to be hot for Pete's sake.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Mrs. Lisa Hayden

sparks

only in Corpus Christi, includes peppers.

Major Carrales

Quote from: sparks on March 30, 2007, 04:28:58 PM

"Hot pickles" can be found at DAIRY QUEEN, H-E-B and WHAT-A-BURGER...we call them jalepeno (not to be confused with my childhood friend "Holly Pena" or that new PI Dectective Hal Lee Penyo. :P

You can use the juice to etch your name in metal.

Actually, the case took place in a small rural countyseat some miles from Corpus.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Mrs. Lisa Hayden

Thanks for the info.  I've only been to Houston once due to plane delay.  We were there overnight and the most memorable part of the 12 hour stay was the delicious food.  Texans sure know how to eat!

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 30, 2007, 04:44:27 PM

"Hot pickles" can be found at DAIRY QUEEN, H-E-B and WHAT-A-BURGER...we call them jalepeno (not to be confused with my childhood friend "Holly Pena" or that new PI Dectective Hal Lee Penyo. :P

You can use the juice to etch your name in metal.

The Famous Dave's barbecue chain serves 'hot pickles' with some of its menu items.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

alexalvarez

I love to eat my hamburgers with jalapenos in Corpus Christi.  It is the same fast food place by the bay that Selena use to buy her hamburgers. Or at least I am told she use to go there.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

Major Carrales

Quote from: alexalvarez on March 31, 2007, 04:44:19 AM
I love to eat my hamburgers with jalapenos in Corpus Christi.  It is the same fast food place by the bay that Selena use to buy her hamburgers. Or at least I am told she use to go there.

Let me know when your coming...on a Tuesday, and I will treat you to a What-a-burger by the Bay!!!

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JohnKachenmeister

You're up kinda late tonight, aren't you, Joe?

AF0771794MS

I notice that the anti-CAP group on Myspace is gone now.  Very interesting. ::)

I personally did not like the anti-CAP group on Myspace, but I think it's sad that no one except NOTF seems to get it right when reporting the bad about CAP.  The guy in Tennessee is a joke, http://[bannedurl] is a bad site, I could go on and on.

It's time for someone to step up and create a forum that does not bash CAP, but exposes it for what it is (or rather, what it has become).  Someone who does not consider CAP a ponzi-scheme, but doesn't think it's an entirely great organization, either.  A lot of this is because of Maj Gen Pineda.

I am not against CAP, but it is definitely time the folks found out about what's going on in this organization.  The corruption and disrespect to the Air Force is terrible, and it must stop. 

Just my $0.02's worth.   

shorning

Quote from: AF0771794MS on March 31, 2007, 11:56:39 PM
I am not against CAP, but it is definitely time the folks found out about what's going on in this organization.  The corruption and disrespect to the Air Force is terrible, and it must stop. 

Since you're not a member, how do you know what's going on in the organization?  What "inside" information do you have?  Or are you just relying on the tripe you read on the interweb?

Perhaps you can create another user account and discuss the issue with yourself...

Major Carrales

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 31, 2007, 07:27:25 AM

I'm an insomniac...unless I partake of the grape or grain, I get to bed around 0300.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

alexalvarez

I am also a night owl. I usually don't go to sleep until 0200.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

Pumbaa

Man you guys go to bed as I wake up!!  I am a WAY early bird as a non sleeper.. IN bed at 2200, awake around 0300....

Major Carrales

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on April 01, 2007, 02:19:11 AM
Man you guys go to bed as I wake up!!  I am a WAY early bird as a non sleeper.. IN bed at 2200, awake around 0300....

That is normally the time I put the finishing touches on my weekly newsletter.  This week I'm running John Kach's story that deals with his visit to your area back when Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass were toping the charts.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Major Carrales on April 01, 2007, 12:54:22 AM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on March 31, 2007, 07:27:25 AM

I'm an insomniac...unless I partake of the grape or grain, I get to bed around 0300.

I got called in to work midnights last night.  I was getting paid to chat about CAP.

I wasn't getting paid very much, though.

Al Sayre

I'm stuck on nights for another week or so, boy will I be glad when this is done...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787