CAP Counter Drug in the News

Started by blackrain, August 22, 2012, 05:26:15 PM

cantthinkof1

This may be a bit off topic, but does anyone know where I can find more CAP CD news/articles like this one?  I know it's supposed to be "covert" but look this one we got mentioned in.

Woodsy

Shoot, we can't get our name in an article about a downed plane we found, but this stuff gets out... ugh...

Flying Pig

You can search High Times magazine .... I think there are some comments about CAP planes working out of Ukiah CA >:D

bosshawk

Ukiah: talk about a target-rich environment.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

PHall

Quote from: bosshawk on February 20, 2013, 09:51:51 PM
Ukiah: talk about a target-rich environment.

Yeah, we're the target though.  They do have AAA there!

bosshawk

I haven't flown Ukiah in about three years, but managed to make 30-40 sorties in Mendocino County before that without having been shot at(at least to my knowledge).  I ran the CAP portion of the DEA Overflight School every summer for at least six years: out of Ukiah.  Also flew CD missions for the Sheriff for four or five additional years.  Those folks are too strung out to bother shooting at little airplanes.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

a2capt

OTOH, I found a hole in the wing of a rented plane .. one evening .. during a pre-flight to depart Compton. Luckily, it hit an inspection panel.

I still have it somewhere.

bosshawk

And Compton is probably 400 miles from Ukiah: in fact, Socal is more or less a separate state.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Woodsy

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 20, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
You can search High Times magazine .... I think there are some comments about CAP planes working out of Ukiah CA >:D

Must be nice!  Oh, you small town/state PAO's...  How nice it must be! 

I'll trade the bullet holes for the "other stuff" any day!!! 

Duke Dillio

State police cut down about 100 plants later Tuesday at rural sites in Harrison and Clark counties. They plan to burn the plants.

Really....   >:D

SarDragon

Quote from: GoneAway on February 21, 2013, 09:29:12 AM
State police cut down about 100 plants later Tuesday at rural sites in Harrison and Clark counties. They plan to burn the plants.

Really....   >:D

A hundred plants? Small change.

The stuff grows wild in Japan. On the base at Misawa, in the summer of '76, 300 man working parties went out and harvested two tons of whacky weed, twice. It all got soaked in kerosene, and burned. Everyone had to stay upwind, Smelled really nasty because of the kerosene, anyway.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

cantthinkof1

Quote from: Eclipse on August 22, 2012, 10:54:19 PM
You're welcome.

Science disagrees with the DEA.  THC is most certainly a psychoactive, and the textbook definition of a narcotic is a psychoactive substance.
MJ is a tricky one.  In some cases, it is a narcotic, in some cases, it isn't.  The actual textbook definition of a narcotic is, "A drug or other substance affecting mood or behavior and sold for non-medical purposes."   MJ is sold for medical purposes, however.

bosshawk

100 plants: there are counties in Northern CA where the DEA and the local sheriff won't even record the map coordinates of a grow of less than 500 plants.  I have participated in operations that resulted in a half million plants being harvested by law enforcement.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777