Main Menu

Um, Lordmonar?

Started by Stonewall, June 15, 2012, 05:19:51 PM

Stonewall

PATRICK M. HARRIS, MSgt, CAP
Nellis Composite Squadron

MSgt?  Did you trade officer rank in for your AF rank in CAP?
Serving since 1987.

Extremepredjudice

Sir, couldn't this be sent in a PM?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Stonewall

Of course, but I'm sure others may be interested, too.  If it's personal or if he dosn't wish to discuss his decision, he can PM me.  I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal.

I thought about doing it myself.  Lt Col to MSgt...I like it!
Serving since 1987.

lordmonar

Yep!  You are the second person to notice!

I was on track to get my silver oak leaves in January.....and I thought.....there are thousands of CAP Lt Cols......I can be different!  ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Extremepredjudice

"I'm not part of your system!"
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

abdsp51

RogueLeader

Quote from: lordmonar on June 15, 2012, 05:55:37 PM

I was on track to get my silver oak leaves in January.....and I thought.....there are thousands of CAP Lt Cols......I can be different!  ;D

I noticed a while back. I just didn't think its a big deal.
Quote from: Stonewall on June 15, 2012, 05:40:26 PM
Of course, but I'm sure others may be interested, too.  If it's personal or if he dosn't wish to discuss his decision, he can PM me.  I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal.

I thought about doing it myself.  Lt Col to MSgt...I like it!

That's what Trung Si Ma did.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

You should have pulled gotten the Oaks and then changed.

"That Others May Zoom"

ColonelJack

.....there are thousands of CAP Lt Cols......

Suddenly I don't feel so special any more ...

*sniff*

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Angus

If we had a Senior NCO program that those of us who weren't in the service could take part in, I'd turn in my Train Tracks in a heart beat.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

ZigZag911

Actually, I had noticed, too; since we know LM is a retired Air Force NCO, I wasn't really surprised...kind of makes sense in a way, as he says, there are thousands of  lt cols in CAP, but only a few MSgts!

lordmonar

Quote from: Flint on June 15, 2012, 07:32:02 PM
If we had a Senior NCO program that those of us who weren't in the service could take part in, I'd turn in my Train Tracks in a heart beat.
I'm working on that.

Stonewall

Do you wear the same chevrons on BDUs that you do on blues? Or subdued?
Serving since 1987.

lordmonar

Quote from: Stonewall on June 15, 2012, 08:13:22 PM
Do you wear the same chevrons on BDUs that you do on blues? Or subdued?
full color.  It looks like hell....but is consitant with the rest of the BDU uniform.

MSG Mac

I've considered going for SMSgt, but cannot justify it until National HQ actually comes up with a SM NCO program.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

I did the NCO thing for a couple of years then decided to go back to the officer grade.
It wasn't worth the hassles.  (Example: Was told I could no longer be a Primary TAC Officer at Encampment since Officers can't work for NCO's.) {Junior Officers have been working for NCO's for centuries.}
Another SNCO in CAWG just recently went to officer grade for the exact same reason.

They want you to run stuff because you have the experience, but then they have a heart attack because you would be in charge of "officers". ::)

Eclipse

^ Wow is that BS.  Not to mention all the Col's working for butter bars.

For the record, I would cheer the day that an NCO wearing his stripes from another service rises to the point of Wing CC and
they have to figure out what to do.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Quote from: Eclipse on June 16, 2012, 12:58:28 AM
^ For the record, I would cheer the day that an NCO wearing his stripes from another service rises to the point of Wing CC and
they have to figure out what to do.

It's not really a problem.  By regulation, Wing Commanders are promoted to Col. No if's, ands, or Chevrons... ;D

bosshawk

Isn't the current National CC a retired AF SNCO?  True, he doesn't wear the stripes but WTH?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

lordmonar

Quote from: bosshawk on June 16, 2012, 01:07:23 AM
Isn't the current National CC a retired AF SNCO?  True, he doesn't wear the stripes but WTH?
IIFC we had a Active Duty SNCO serving as a wing or regional command not too long ago.

Here's the kicker.....someone does not want to deal with me because I am a SNCO.....no sweat of my back.