Sewing things on BDUs

Started by Danger, June 02, 2012, 12:37:36 AM

RogueLeader

Quote from: Garibaldi on July 09, 2012, 02:28:00 PM

No. She railroaded me out of the job and tried to take over the unit. True story. She looked good on paper but...let's just say train wreck would be the kindest term I could use to describe her. Absolutely REFUSED to attend the senior D&C program I set up to eliminate the problem. The one who took over after she...left...was amazing, but by then I was mired in college and work and left for 6 years.

As an aside, where is it required to participate in D&C?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SarDragon

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 09, 2012, 10:09:25 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on July 09, 2012, 02:28:00 PM

No. She railroaded me out of the job and tried to take over the unit. True story. She looked good on paper but...let's just say train wreck would be the kindest term I could use to describe her. Absolutely REFUSED to attend the senior D&C program I set up to eliminate the problem. The one who took over after she...left...was amazing, but by then I was mired in college and work and left for 6 years.

Time. Interest. Commitment.

Wow, read that as what, not where. Oh, well.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

If the commander decides it's important / required, it's important  required.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on July 09, 2012, 10:53:50 PM

If the commander decides it's important / required, it's important  required.

If it is that important, then it would be in a published SOP or OI.  That makes it required. Other than that... Cite please.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 10, 2012, 12:01:51 AMIf it is that important, then it would be in a published SOP or OI.  That makes it required. Other than that... Cite please.

Well, for starters, who said it wasn't or couldn't be?

But with that said, cite what?  Any reasonable directive within the boundaries of the program has to be complied with or the member risks disciplinary action up to and including termination.

D&C is well within the bounds of CAP membership. If a commander dictates that all members will participate, what grounds would they have not to comply?

"We never did that before..." Is not a valid justification for disobedience.  Obviously anyone who doesn't like it can vote with their feet, either via transfer or leaving CAP, but if they choose to participate, they don't get to pick and choose which parts they "agree with".

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

That's what I was asking, as it is not in Nat regs. I agree with you.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340