I was thinking about asking my squatron Commander I mean can we where Berets?

Started by rick98, May 08, 2012, 12:33:43 AM

indygreg

Quote from: ol'fido on May 10, 2012, 11:52:37 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 10, 2012, 01:28:23 AM
Quote from: ol'fido on May 09, 2012, 10:27:53 PM
Since we are so divided on the beret thing, maybe we could try these....

TX wing and the surrounding area would probably sign off on it and Cyborg would love it since it's grey. >:D

Now I could make that look good!   >:D
I bet you could, Dave. ;)

I'd wear that over a beret any day!

tsrup

Quote from: indygreg on May 11, 2012, 01:30:54 AM

TX wing and the surrounding area would probably sign off on it and Cyborg would love it since it's grey. >:D

That would get pretty uncomfortable I would guess.

wearing both at the same time. >:D

I'm not funny.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Abby.L

[/quote]

I'm not funny.
[/quote]

Hey now! I chuckled at that!  ;)

Grr. Disregard my n00bness on this quote stuff.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

commando1

Quote from: lordmonar on May 09, 2012, 09:37:52 PM
So....it is an apples and oranges comparison.
Sometimes we fail to see the big picture...apples and oranges are both fruit... ;)
IMHO I would love to see berets used in an across the board, uniform way with clear cut standards for its wear, the equipment to be worn on it, and for how its to be earned/awarded/given. I don't see it as being an elite vs. non-elite way. If you want to see it that way...thats your problem, not mine.
YMMV
Non Timebo Mala

lordmonar

Quote from: commando1 on May 11, 2012, 03:42:05 PM
Sometimes we fail to see the big picture...apples and oranges are both fruit... ;)
IMHO I would love to see berets used in an across the board, uniform way with clear cut standards for its wear, the equipment to be worn on it, and for how its to be earned/awarded/given. I don't see it as being an elite vs. non-elite way. If you want to see it that way...thats your problem, not mine.
YMMV
;) ;)
I agree.

In my world   ;D the beret would be for currently qualified ground team members.
There would be a standard cloth CAP beret flash (basic flash shape blue background, yellow boarder with white triangle with prop).
The NBB members would have a cloth St Albans flash.
HMRS rangers can have a PAWG keystone flash (black background with red keystone) and they can put their ranger rateings as an arc over the flash (ala US Army Rangers).

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Nathan

Quote from: lordmonar on May 11, 2012, 04:24:14 PM
YMMV
;) ;)
I agree.

In my world   ;D the beret would be for currently qualified ground team members.
There would be a standard cloth CAP beret flash (basic flash shape blue background, yellow boarder with white triangle with prop).
HMRS rangers can have a PAWG keystone flash (black background with red keystone) and they can put their ranger rateings as an arc over the flash (ala US Army Rangers).

Ugh.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Abby.L

Quote from: lordmonar on May 11, 2012, 04:24:14 PM
YMMV
;) ;)
I agree.

Hey. I wouldn't mind that. NBB should keep the metal flash, though. It looks good.  :D And maybe extend general use of the beret. I think it should be an optional item, and those who go to blue beret or HRMS would wear their respective flashes. That's all for me, though.  ::)
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

lordmonar

Quote from: Levilockling on May 11, 2012, 07:13:20 PM
Hey. I wouldn't mind that. NBB should keep the metal flash, though. It looks good.  :D And maybe extend general use of the beret. I think it should be an optional item, and those who go to blue beret or HRMS would wear their respective flashes. That's all for me, though.  ::)
The problem IMHO with the metal St Albans crest is that you can't pin your rank over it.....so we keep our uniforms more in line with AD uniforms.

indygreg

Quote from: tsrup on May 11, 2012, 02:47:10 AM
Quote from: indygreg on May 11, 2012, 01:30:54 AM

I'm not funny.

OK.  You got me.

Abby.L

Quote from: lordmonar on May 11, 2012, 07:30:20 PM
Quote from: Levilockling on May 11, 2012, 07:13:20 PM
The problem IMHO with the metal St Albans crest is that you can't pin your rank over it.....so we keep our uniforms more in line with AD uniforms.

Touché... It would give us distinction though. Despite the fact that the vast majority of the military is no longer in BDU's, AD may still find that a group of people in berets and BDU's could be some special division. As if we didn't have enough distinction, though.   ::)
Also, I'd extend the use of a beret to dress uniforms. Also keeping with AD use.   :D
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

lordmonar

Struts

In 4 days we go completely off track. The wonders of CapTalk  ::)

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Cashboy on May 11, 2012, 11:01:35 PM
In 4 days we go completely of track. The wonders of CapTalk  ::)
off.

We always do this, look at any thread. Most forums get off topic by the third or fourth page
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

manfredvonrichthofen

Sounds like a decent idea to me. But if USAF does have some sort of issue with distinction with us using cloth flashes on the beret appease them with putting CAP cutouts on the flash for everyone. It really wouldn't look bad either.

SarDragon

Has anyone else on here caught o to the fact that the OP has made exactly one post?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Struts

ol'fido

Quote from: Cashboy on May 12, 2012, 11:16:54 AM
I'm starting to think that 754837 was right in the beginning.
To quote that eminent scholar and steely eyed auxiliaryman, SarDragon, "Ya Think?".
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006