Tests

Started by CivilAirPatrol123, February 25, 2012, 07:40:53 PM

CivilAirPatrol123

I was told by someone in my squadron that you can take leadership/aerospace tests without it being put there/approved from a SM...can you? If so, how? ???

MSG Mac

Go to the CAP web site and enter the E-service portal. On the right hand side of the page will be Cadet Online Testing. Click on it and you will be able to choose an Aerospace or Leadership test. You are not able to test ahead. The test results will automatically be forwarded to your Commander and the Testing Officer of your unit. You have only twenty minutes to complete the test, so make sure you have read and reviewed the material in your chapter. If you fail the test you will be locked out for a week, to review be ready to take a new test. The questions are randomly generated every time you open the test, so it won't be the same questions as in your first try. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

coudano

Quote from: MSG Mac on February 25, 2012, 07:52:58 PM
Go to the CAP web site and enter the E-service portal. On the right hand side of the page will be Cadet Online Testing. Click on it and you will be able to choose an Aerospace or Leadership test.

If there are any tests that you are eligible to take at that time.

QuoteYou are not able to test ahead.

That's one of the reasons no tests may be available.  If you have already passed the tests for the achievement you are working on, the next ones won't appear until after your promotion is effective in e-services.

Another reason no test may appear is if you have attempted the test and either failed it or not completed it within the time limit.  In this case, a senior member at your unit can "unlock" the test, and then it will show up again.

Another reason no test may appear is if you are up for a milestone award (Wright Bro's Mitchell or Earhart) Those tests mus be taken on paper at the squadron.

QuoteYou have only twenty minutes to complete the test

I'm pretty sure (no i'm positive) it's 30 minutes...

CivilAirPatrol123

a2capt

Yup. You've got 30 minutes to press the finish button, or the remaining unanswered ones are scored as wrong.

The TCO can see all the tests at once.

A cadet can only see what they are eligible for.

Tests can't be banked ahead.

It's very important that the Tracking Report be current or cadets can't advance.

... basically, as said above.