community service

Started by usafcap1, February 20, 2012, 09:31:57 PM

usafcap1

How many hours does one have to get before they can get a community service ribbon?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Ed Bos

Not trying to give you a hard time:

Reading the regulation will help you more than asking questions:
http://capmembers.com/media/cms/R039_003_83459660D4F44.pdf
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

EMT-83

a2capt

A recruiter that doesn't open the books scares me.
Must be post count fodder.

DBlair

Signature: "Ready to protect and serve my community, state and nation."

...is this regarding CAP? If so, since when do we "protect" our community, etc. Just curious, how long have you been a member of CAP?

As for the thread topic, just remember that CAP activities do not count towards your Community Service Ribbon, but rather service you've done outside and unrelated to CAP.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

usafcap1

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

Quote from: a2capt on February 21, 2012, 02:24:46 AM
A recruiter that doesn't open the books scares me.
Must be post count fodder.
>:(  :(  8)

I just got this position two weeks ago. And know I don't know where every thing is. I ask a lot of questions because I don't want to bombard my Commanding Officer with all of these questions.  Thanks to you guys/ gals who are helping to point me in the right direction and helping me get the answers to my questions . . . to the "others" too busy or tired or annoyed to answer or help .  . . just . . . don't read my questions . . . move on.  Geesh what about the "brotherhood" of the Civil Air Patrol??  you guys sure aren't making a member feel comfortable or a member of the collective team and at home and able to ask questions of his peers, other Commanding Officers, etc. al.   :clap: Good job!!! I'd like to think I'm being treated special but I'm sure you treat others like this on this site.

I'm just here for information

(Cadet 2008-2012)

usafcap1

Quote from: DBlair on February 21, 2012, 04:41:03 AM

...is this regarding CAP? If so, since when do we "protect" our community, etc. Just curious, how long have you been a member of CAP?

Its just part of the Cadet Oath i added extra words. four years.   ;D   8)

(Cadet 2008-2012)

EMT-83

If you made any attempt to find the answers on your own, the responses would be different.

Instead of asking inane questions, look at the appropriate regulation or check the Knowledge Base. Asking others to do your research is just plain laziness.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: usafcap1 on February 21, 2012, 05:14:28 AM

Its just part of the Cadet Oath. four years.   ;D   8)
No sir, it isn't.

"I pledge to serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state and nation."
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

Lets see.. EP says the Cadet Oath above.. and I'll type it myself:

"I pledge to serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state and nation."

Yup, looks the same to me. So I know it's the same on both coasts, at least at the southern end of things.

usafcap1

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 21, 2012, 05:21:35 AM
Quote from: usafcap1 on February 21, 2012, 05:14:28 AM

Its just part of the Cadet Oath. four years.   ;D   8)
No sir, it isn't.

no your right i didnt catch that thx

(Cadet 2008-2012)

usafcap1

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 21, 2012, 05:17:27 AM
If you made any attempt to find the answers on your own, the responses would be different.

Instead of asking inane questions, look at the appropriate regulation or check the Knowledge Base. Asking others to do your research is just plain laziness.

I do and i don't find what im looking for.  8)

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Extremepredjudice

Maybe google it?

Or redefine your question if you don't know what you are looking for.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

EMT-83

Entering "Community Service" in the KB shows seven references to the Community Service Ribbon on the first page alone.

Pylon

Typing "Civil Air Patrol Community Service Ribbon" into Google brings up two NHQ Knowledgebase answers in the first three results which answer your question, and then even link to the full regulation for additional reading.

http://bit.ly/x0PvrA
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Huey Driver

Hold up... on a note of the Cadet Oath, is it "I pledge to serve faithfully" or, "I pledge that I will serve faithfully"? I hear them contradict all the time. It says "I pledge that I will serve faithfully" on the CAPF 15 and a bunch of other sources....

AND:http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=11234.msg204984#msg204984
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: JerseyCadet on February 22, 2012, 03:25:04 AM
Hold up... on a note of the Cadet Oath, is it "I pledge to serve faithfully" or, "I pledge that I will serve faithfully"? I hear them contradict all the time. It says "I pledge that I will serve faithfully" on the CAPF 15 and a bunch of other sources....

AND:http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=11234.msg204984#msg204984
Is that REALLY big enough of a difference we need to quibble about it?

My learn to lead says "... that I will serve faithfully..."

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor