Main Menu

AFIADL 00013

Started by davedove, January 23, 2007, 08:56:52 PM

Capt Rivera

There are 2 study guides I've come across and will be using them in the next week or so to review the information I've already read. If anyone wants them send me a message with your email address and I'll send them to you. [Don't remember where I got them from.] They are not designed to be cheat sheets but tools. I've read and understand the material, but these tools will provide for a quick refresher and place the material in an outline format rather then text-book.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

jimmydeanno

Quote from: msmjr2003 on January 23, 2007, 09:19:09 PM
Well, there are two lines of thought; the regular way and the road less traveled.

The regular way that the majority of seniors complete CAPSOC is memorize the end-of-chapter questions.
---I can spot these folks a mile away

The other way is to actually learn the material and attempt to integrate what you've leaned (usually with some help of copied notes) into what you are doing in CAP (and maybe life also.)
---These are as common as a blue moon

What about the don't study at all and just request the exam at the same time you request the material approach?  A lot of people pass that way...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Monty

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 13, 2007, 02:55:55 PM
Quote from: msmjr2003 on January 23, 2007, 09:19:09 PM
Well, there are two lines of thought; the regular way and the road less traveled.

The regular way that the majority of seniors complete CAPSOC is memorize the end-of-chapter questions.
---I can spot these folks a mile away

The other way is to actually learn the material and attempt to integrate what you've leaned (usually with some help of copied notes) into what you are doing in CAP (and maybe life also.)
---These are as common as a blue moon

What about the don't study at all and just request the exam at the same time you request the material approach?  A lot of people pass that way...

The means behind that strategy is to force the person to study under with the notion that the test is coming.  If one knows that sucker is coming, one might be less apt to trick one's self into thinking, "meh....okay; I'll study for it NEXT weekend."  Instead, one gets that nagging feeling of, "oh crud, I already ordered the test....better hanker down and study for it."

(It's a little trick I picked up while on active duty from a SMSgt....and it paid DIVIDENDS on effective time management, verses my tendency to be lazy if given my druthers.....)

;)

Tim Medeiros

I ordered it so quick because I've heard horror stories about those who wait to order their test and then timed out
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

jimmydeanno

Quote from: jimmydeannoWhat about the don't study at all and just request the exam at the same time you request the material approach?  A lot of people pass that way...

Perhaps I should've said...

"What about the don't study at all approach...a lot of people pass that way."

Tags - MIKE
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

acarlson

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on February 17, 2007, 12:01:31 PM
If your extension runs out, you can't re-enroll in 00013 for six months.

how about... If you're closing in on your extended dated ... cancel your course ... then you're not restricted for 6 months... and can enroll again sooner

Also... I hold a 0013 study group twice a month specifically for the can't study alone crowd... it's working very well.

Also...  hmmm I think I REALLY LIKE the "order the test right away" approach ... then you can take the test... maybe pass... or check & study your weak areas... order the test again... take it.. maybe pass... or check & study your weak areas...  etc... etc... etc... and have 12 months with an "optional" 4 month extension to pass? 
Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

arajca

IIRC, you only have two chances to test. If you fail the first time, AFIADL automatically sends out a different version.

arajca

As PDO, and having several new SM's in my unit, I am planning to conduct an AFIADL 13 course. I see a few have already done so, so I would like to find out (and 'borrow') what materials you used. I've already dl'd the stuff off the National PDO Best Practices site. I am plannig to start the course in Aug.

My current plan is to hold over several regular meetings for a few months (1 hour per meeting), but I'm open to setting up a weekend course, if that is more appropriate.