New CAP-USAF Commander? / Members Expectations?

Started by RADIOMAN015, June 08, 2011, 10:07:26 PM

SoCalMarine

Quote from: NCRblues on June 09, 2011, 02:00:20 AM
Yes they do teach hand to hand.... every pilot, aircraft crew member, airborne linguist ext. ext. must go through SER school. SER instructors are considered special forces and are top of the line hand to hand combat instructors.

AF PJOC's, combat controllers, security forces, just to name some, all must have hand to hand instruction.

I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking but its SERE school. There's a second E there. Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape. This might explain a thing or two about the USAF since they aren't practicing the Escape part!

But seriously, people were joking about USAF and hand-to-hand training. We all understand has some level of SERE training, but its limited in scope to certain MOSs. All Marines receive basic SERE training in boot camp, but you'd expect a ground combat branch to do that.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Mustang on June 16, 2011, 06:58:25 AM
"part time volunteer"

Personally, I prefer being a "volunteer professional". That means I have to put up with safety regs, uniform manuals, and other things I don't like all the time.

Disclaimer: I think I ripped this phrase off from other members here. Credit to those guys.