Main Menu

Renewals

Started by Tubacap, February 04, 2011, 12:25:10 PM

Tubacap

What paperwork do other wings require for specialty renewals?

How do approvers differentiate in Ops Quals between a renewal and an initial entry?

I am trying to develop a cheat sheet for PAWG so that everyone is on the same page as far as processing is concerned.  The guidance in 60-3 for both renewal and also documentation for initial is somewhat ambiguous in regards to what physical paper needs to be there, although my read is that none is required as long as an electronic version is available.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

Spaceman3750

No paper is required once the first SQTR is approved. After that, just use the "Renew/resubmit achievement" button in OPS QUAL.

jeders

First off, in TXWG we have a written list of who is qualified to be a SET. If you're not on that list, you can't sign off anything. For initial quals, you enter in the information in OpsQuals and submit as normal. At each level, the appropriate approver should be checking what is entered as far as evaluator ID with what is on the wing SET list.

Renewals are actually a little simpler. You have to get an evaluator to sign a paper SQTR, including his name printed and his CAPID. Also an annotation on the SQTR stating that it's a renewal is required. If you're using the equivalence chart, for example renewing GTM 1,2,3, and GTL, the renewal annotation must include all of the other specialties that are being renewed. Then you just upload that SQTR as a document in OpsQuals at the highest level and hit the Renewal/Resubmit button. In the example here, the SQTR would be uploaded under GTL, and then do the renew/resubmit for GTM 3,2,1, and GTL each.

Clear as mud?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

davidsinn

In INWG we need to have a recent mission number for one of the sorties and some of the tasks need the mission number and date with an SET's number on them. All you do is input them into the SQTR and resubmit.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Larry Mangum

CAPR 60-3 2-4.b. states that in order to renew a specialty, the member must:

Be evaluated on at least one mission (actual or training) every 3 years by a qualified evaluator as outlined in paragraph 2-2a in each specialty (or equivalent higher specialty) for which renewal is requested

2-4.b goes on to state:

During the evaluation, candidates will be required to demonstrate their ability to perform and/or evaluate annotated tasks on the SQTR required to qualify in that specialty.  Not all tasks are required to be demonstrated; generally only advanced level tasks are required to be re-demonstrated.

How many do you think have overlooked that requirement?
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

sardak

QuoteHow many do you think have overlooked that requirement?
Do you want the count for the day, week, month, fiscal or calendar year? I had several just yesterday.

Ops Quals has very few checks in the system. Also in this week's inbox:

- An eSQTR reached wing with unit and group approvals but every single task entry was blank. Certainly not the first time that's happened.

- Two renewals for EXPIRED quals which had no new dates or mission numbers. CAPR 60-3 para. 2-5 discusses renewal of expired quals.

- A spate of quals in eServices are showing January 2014 expiration dates. None came through for approval and none of these have recent task dates or mission numbers.

I know how these are getting through and NHQ has heard from me on several occassions. The eSQTR and Ops Qual need an overhaul.

Mike

Conical

Renewals and some initial qualifications can also be accomplished by just making the entries in the "Single Person" part of OpsQuals.