Main Menu

Sunglasses???

Started by ElectricPenguin, November 11, 2010, 10:01:13 PM

gw263

Some people get a little carried away about small things.  I currently have an active duty WO1 student that wears Oakleys with a stripe type design.  He was wearing the same glasses when he was burned while deployed.  He had to have skin grafts on his face (does not look bad), but told me the glasses saved his vision.  He is understandably partial to them.  On the other hand, a directive came out on Friday that students cannot wear sunglasses inside ops, as well as they cannot remove their ACU tops when preflighting (it gets hot out there).

SARDOC

Can't take your ACU tops off when preflighting????   Don't tell that to the 160th SOAR guys...they are famous for working in OD Brown T shirts and Black shorts

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: SARDOC on May 28, 2011, 09:04:41 PM
Can't take your ACU tops off when preflighting????   Don't tell that to the 160th SOAR guys...they are famous for working in OD Brown T shirts and Black shorts
In country yes, however, I have never seen them once out of uniform while in garrison. In country, hardly anyone is in proper uniform in an area where 160th would operate unless out on patrol. I used to walk from my hooch to the chow hall and phone in body armor and shorts and boots... that's about it.

SARDOC

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 28, 2011, 11:09:57 PM
In country yes, however, I have never seen them once out of uniform while in garrison. In country, hardly anyone is in proper uniform in an area where 160th would operate unless out on patrol. I used to walk from my hooch to the chow hall and phone in body armor and shorts and boots... that's about it.

I've seen them doing extensively here on multiple dets as well.  We were jealous because our unit wouldn't let us do the same...and believe me...it was hot

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: SARDOC on May 28, 2011, 11:48:39 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 28, 2011, 11:09:57 PM

I've seen them doing extensively here on multiple dets as well.  We were jealous because our unit wouldn't let us do the same...and believe me...it was hot
Where were you stationed brother?

SHARKMAN

Seems kind of Absurd. I realize, boy do I realize that CAP is not the Military, and the Military is not CAP, because as a Mitchell Cadet and the son of an O-6 SOW commander on the AFB where my squadron met. I thought I was pretty sierra hotel, but five years ago as a spankin new Private in the U.S. Army I knew those days were behind me. The first blow was when I found out that awesome Mitchell award does not get you E-3 but E-2 in the Army. But enough about me, back to the sunglasses issue. Which is where I was heading with the CAP is not the military thing is that before my first deployment to Iraq I was issued by the U.S. Govt A pair of Oakley M frame sunglasses with a big silver O on the side. And the above comments regarding our buddies in TF. How about wearing multicam A2CU's when everyone else in this theater...for the next well until the end of the year is wearing ACU pattern A2CU's...However they want to remain under the radar.  ;D