Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2018, 01:56:36 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: AAFES price list
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print
Author Topic: AAFES price list  (Read 31312 times)
J2H
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-MD-031

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2018, 01:01:02 AM »

Oh, yeah for uniforms...
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031
Dwight Dutton

Unit: PCR-CA-080

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2018, 02:52:30 PM »

As soon as my status changed to USAF Retired AAFES would not sell me uniform items online.
They have zero problem taking my money in person though. ::)

And I got yet a third result.  I am a retired Army officer.  AAFES will let my buy most uniform items online - but not DLAATS items.  I can buy the $41 shirt - but not the $14 shirt - that online looks like the same thing.  I even think its the same picture.

In person they don't care how I was authorized to get in the building - all customers are the same at that point.
Dwight J. Dutton, CPT AUS (RET)
CAPT CAP, Mitchell 1975 (before numbers)
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »

From comments here and IRL experience, it appears AAFES has somewhat of a mess on their hands in
this regard.

Dwight Dutton

Unit: PCR-CA-080

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2018, 03:04:47 PM »

From comments here and IRL experience, it appears AAFES has somewhat of a mess on their hands in
this regard.

I was truly surprised to find I could by anything online except a DLAATS uniform item.  Only possibility I can think of is that DLAATS is there for enlisted and online at least, my retired rank makes a difference.  As has been said, they don't care when you physically go there in person.  Which would be the only way I could get ABU's, as I don't think they even exist in a non-DLAATS version.
Dwight J. Dutton, CPT AUS (RET)
CAPT CAP, Mitchell 1975 (before numbers)
Fester
Forum Regular

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2018, 09:59:00 PM »

this regard.

I was truly surprised to find I could by anything online except a DLAATS uniform item.  Only possibility I can think of is that DLAATS is there for enlisted and online at least, my retired rank makes a difference.  As has been said, they don't care when you physically go there in person.  Which would be the only way I could get ABU's, as I don't think they even exist in a non-DLAATS version.

Propper makes ABU's....

https://www.propper.com/men-s-abu-trouser.html
https://www.propper.com/men-s-abu-coat.html
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »

I have had varying experience buying AF uniforms in person. According to a couple of places, DLAATS items are universally restricted to folks with green and red ID cards. Other places let anyone buy them. USN and USMC uniforms are generally sold in two different locations - the uniform store for DLAATS stuff, and the exchange for everything else, simplifying the restrictions.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
G+10

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2018, 11:58:57 AM »

You are correct sir - I'm just a veteran (not retired) and I was able to load non-DLATS stuff to my cart.
Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »

Anything not DLATS is a commercial item and open for purchase, DLATS is restricted to current military.

I used to work in an MCS.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »

Anything not DLATS is a commercial item and open for purchase, DLATS is restricted to current military.

Enforcement seems to be uneven.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2018, 09:49:16 PM »

Enforcement seems to be uneven.
Probably wouldn’t be AAFES if it wasn’t.

There’s probably some tomfoolery going on with DEERS too since that’s what AAFES privileges are based on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: AAFES price list