Main Menu

National command change?

Started by CyberNorris, March 30, 2023, 05:16:25 PM

CyberNorris

eServices now showing as National Commander Brig Gen Regena M. Aye
GoCivilAirPatrol shows Maj. Gen. Edward D. Phelka

Sup?

PHall

The National Commander is out of the country.

Holding Pattern

This is the sort of thing that should be communicated to members, if only to stop the millions of questions and rumor mill when it happens.

Dear Civil Air Patrol Members,

We hope this message finds you well. We would like to inform you that due to the temporary unavailability of our National Commander, [Commander's Name], the command of the Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters has been transferred to our National Vice Commander, [Vice Commander's Name].

During this transitional period, [Vice Commander's Name] will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters and continue to support our mission of serving America by performing humanitarian services, administering youth programs, and providing aerospace education.

We are confident in [Vice Commander's Name]'s leadership and ability to guide the organization during this time. We want to reassure all of our members that the Civil Air Patrol remains committed to its values of integrity, excellence, volunteer service, and respect for individuals.

We will keep you informed of any updates regarding the command changeover, and we thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
Lead Public Affairs Officer, Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters

The above was generated by GPT4. It could obviously be tweaked, but having that on the e-Services RSS feed and as an email to membership would in my opinion be beneficial in these circumstances.

PHall

The National Commander has a job that takes him out of the country multiple times a year.
So you're proposing that PA send out this message every time he leaves and then reenters the country?
The people who need to know have this info already and PA doesn't need the extra work.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: PHall on March 30, 2023, 10:08:34 PMThe National Commander has a job that takes him out of the country multiple times a year.
So you're proposing that PA send out this message every time he leaves and then reenters the country?
The people who need to know have this info already and PA doesn't need the extra work.

If that message is indicative of a significant level of burden for the national PA team, that's a problem.

FlyingPig

Why?  I cant think of a single instance where the location of the national commander factors into anything members do day to day.   Other than just being in the know, what does it affect?

The Commissioner of the State Police leaves the state all the time.  90% of the agency has no idea.
Robert Steht, Capt.
Mission Pilot/CD Pilot
CFI Airplane / CFI Helicopter
Former Sq. Commander

SarDragon

I think this has run its course.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Quote from: FlyingPig on March 31, 2023, 12:09:52 AMWhy?  I cant think of a single instance where the location of the national commander factors into anything members do day to day.   Other than just being in the know, what does it affect?

The Commissioner of the State Police leaves the state all the time.  90% of the agency has no idea.

Basically, this.

The members of the CSAG & the Command Council receive these notifications when they occur.

While it may seem jarring to someone to login to eServices and see a different name, for 98% of the membership NHQ and the National Commander are "echelons above reality," and their day-to-day existence in CAP is unaffected by whomever's name is at the top.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.