Senior Member - Mission Related Skills Promotions Timeframes

Started by fish7days, March 01, 2023, 06:51:37 PM

fish7days

Scenario:
Senior member who is a commercial and instrument rated pilot.
Joined February 2022
Promoted to 1st Lt Dec 2022 under 35-5 Mission Related Skills
Completed Parts 1 and 2 of Level II
Transportation Officer position since February 2022
Aerospace Education Officer position since February 2022
Needs Tech rating to complete Level II

What is the expected/required timeframe to be promoted to Captain, assuming Level III and Senior Specialty Track will be completed?

Will it be from the date of joining, PLUS 6 months to 2nd Lt, PLUS, 18 months to 1st Lt, PLUS, 30 months to Captain for a total of 54 months? Or is it 30 months from date of being promoted to 1st Lt due to Mission Related Skills?

Thanks !!
1st Lt - CAP
Transportation Mission Pilot - CSEL / Instrument
South African Infantry Instructor 1983 - 1985
South African Infantry Pro Patria Combat Medal Recipient

PHall

fish7days

Thank you !

Is there anywhere in eServices that a member can see the time remaining before next promotion?

I believe Commanders, Personnel Officers, etc. can see it under Menu -> Personnel -> Membership -> Promotion -> Time until next promotion.

Thx.
1st Lt - CAP

PHall

Quote from: fish7days on March 06, 2023, 06:25:11 PMThank you !

Is there anywhere in eServices that a member can see the time remaining before next promotion?

I believe Commanders, Personnel Officers, etc. can see it under Menu -> Personnel -> Membership -> Promotion -> Time until next promotion.

Thx.

You can look it up yourself. Just look at the date of the last promotion and do the math.

fish7days

Thanks, I understand that I can do the math. Is there a tool/place that shows the remaining time in eServices? That was the actual question asked.
1st Lt - CAP

wacapgh

However, if they get their instructor rating, you can "upgrade" to Captain just by submitting proof

35-5:
4.2.6. After initial appointment, members may advance to the grades authorized for higher mission related skills as higher ratings are obtained without reference to time-in-grade upon recommendation by the unit commander.

Commander sends a 2a to Group, group approves and sends to lmmefroms.

PHall

Quote from: fish7days on March 06, 2023, 08:54:21 PMThanks, I understand that I can do the math. Is there a tool/place that shows the remaining time in eServices? That was the actual question asked.

When I said look it up I meant to look up in e-services, what the last promotion date was. That is the date the system uses to compute the "Time in Grade". So that month/year plus 30 months.

RogueLeader

Quote from: fish7days on March 06, 2023, 08:54:21 PMThanks, I understand that I can do the math. Is there a tool/place that shows the remaining time in eServices? That was the actual question asked.
I know this is a bit behind the curve, but the Senior Member Promotion Eligibility Report will show how many months TIG are required for promotion, then how many have eclipsed.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

fish7days

1st Lt - CAP