CIVIL AIR PATROL GETS SIRIUS XM ACROSS FLEET

Started by etodd, August 30, 2022, 12:37:16 AM

etodd

Anyone hear about this elsewhere? Maybe at the Convention?

QuoteA new partnership between SiriusXM and the Civil Air Patrol will provide valuable weather information to CAP pilots who fly important and time-sensitive missions.

AOPA Announces CAP News Before CAP Does
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Outlandish

Are you familiar with CAP.news? It ran there the same day.

NIN

Quote from: etodd on August 30, 2022, 12:37:16 AMAOPA Announces CAP News Before CAP Does

Nice URL title.

Just because AOPA scheduled their publication for a different time that CAP did is not prima facia evidence that the marketing folks aren't on the ball.

As your click-baity title implies.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Is this new?

I recall that every CAP plane I've flown in that was XM-ready had it activated.

"That Others May Zoom"

NovemberWhiskey

Quote from: undefinedA new partnership between SiriusXM and the Civil Air Patrol will provide valuable weather information to CAP pilots who fly important and time-sensitive missions.

This is interesting - do our aircraft come from the factory with the GDL 69 receiver to support this with the G1000? Or is this going to be retrofit program? Or are we talking about having portable receivers with EFB integration?

farsightusf2017

Quote from: Eclipse on August 30, 2022, 09:45:03 PMIs this new?

I recall that every CAP plane I've flown in that was XM-ready had it activated.

I believe Many wings paid for it after the fact but it wasn't covered by NHq after the trail ended