Cadet Officer Shoulder Boards

Started by jyerger.hgcap, August 07, 2013, 05:08:06 PM

jyerger.hgcap

I am somewhat clear on the process of attaching velcro shoulder boards to the new style service coat (without epaulets), but I had a question about the placement. The seam where the sleeve meets the shoulder and the seam where the front half of the coat and the rear half meet is not a 90 degree angle. Can you tell me whether the shoulder board is placed with the rear parallel to the seam of the sleeve or it is placed so that the board runs along the seam that connects the front and back of the jacket. I hope I didn't make that too complicated, but if anyone has any help, it would be appreciated!

V/R
JONATHAN P. YERGER, C/2dLt, CAP
Flight Commander
Carroll Composite Squadron
MER-MD-039
JONATHAN P. YERGER, C/2dLt, CAP
Flight Commander
MER-MD-039

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I don't know the answer to your question.

I would suggest updating your profile signature and removing your CAPID from it.

jeders

Are there any other cadet officers in your squadron? I would go ask them to see how they lined it up, that way you at least all look uniform. Since there isn't a defined spec on exactly how to line it up, that's your best bet.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Abby.L

For mine, I put it so that the tip(The section that narrows into a triangle) is on the seam, and the rearmost(From front) corner of the main square is on the seam right at the forearm. It looks a lot more natural than a lot of other setups, so that's what I do.

If you need a picture or two to help, I can post 'em if you want.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013