Main Menu

Reports on Awards

Started by Jaybird180, January 22, 2024, 10:49:21 PM

Jaybird180

Since the awards process is electronic in eServices, is there a report available on how many of any specific award has been approved in any given timeframe?

baronet68

Kinda... but not quite.  What are you looking for?  Number of awards per wing per year, or something like that?  And what is the timeframe you're considering?
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

baronet68

Here are the stats for awards processed via eServices since 2016 but with a huge caveat... this only includes awards for those who are still CAP members since receiving their award.  Anyone who received an award, and then left CAP, is not included (which is why there tends to be a gradual decrease in number of awards as you go farther back in years).

jeders

Quote from: baronet68 on January 24, 2024, 07:13:01 PMAnyone who received an award, and then left CAP, is not included (which is why there tends to be a gradual decrease in number of awards as you go farther back in years).

I really wish that NHQ did a better job of keeping track of things like this. I know that it's possible for them to dig into the database and pull stats on non-current members, but I'm sure it's a non-trivial job given everything else they have to do. Keeping a running count as awards (at least MSA and up) would seem to be a fairly simple matter.

I'm going to assume that the spike in MSAs, ESAs, and DSAs in 2021 are a result of COVID operations. But I don't remember what was such a big deal in 2016/17 that would cause an even larger spike in DSAs.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

baronet68

Quote from: jeders on January 24, 2024, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: baronet68 on January 24, 2024, 07:13:01 PMAnyone who received an award, and then left CAP, is not included (which is why there tends to be a gradual decrease in number of awards as you go farther back in years).

I really wish that NHQ did a better job of keeping track of things like this. I know that it's possible for them to dig into the database and pull stats on non-current members, but I'm sure it's a non-trivial job given everything else they have to do. Keeping a running count as awards (at least MSA and up) would seem to be a fairly simple matter.

I'm going to assume that the spike in MSAs, ESAs, and DSAs in 2021 are a result of COVID operations. But I don't remember what was such a big deal in 2016/17 that would cause an even larger spike in DSAs.

You're correct, NHQ does have full data but it would require asking a member of the NHQ paid staff to dig into the database.  So, I'm just pulling data from what's readily available in eServices. 

The spike in awards for 2017 and 2021 would be attributable to "end of term" awards by outgoing National Commanders.