Tips to Keep Ribbons from Falling Off

Started by The Dapper CAPer, May 17, 2013, 10:22:48 PM

The Dapper CAPer

My ribbons keep on falling off the racks and then I get depressed and then my wallet follows suit(in the more literal version of "depressed"). Any advice?

a2capt

Spread the ribbon rack "v" out a little, and squeeze the ribbon edges by rolling on a table. They shouldn't be coming off all that often.

The Dapper CAPer

I may be a little inept, but I don't fully understand.

By the way, I wear the metal rack on the coat and the plastic on the shirt, so tips for either one are useful.

a2capt

The metal rack is "V" shaped. The rails, they're V or U shaped. Spread them out a little more. Ever so slightly.

Pinch the ribbon tighter by holding it on it's side, on a table, and pushing/rolling back to the rear, like you are closing a box flap. Your trying to make the ribbon "U" shape a little narrower on the back side.

The latter tip is good for the plastic rack too.

lordmonar

Quote from: The Dapper CAPer on May 17, 2013, 10:31:36 PM
I may be a little inept, but I don't fully understand.

By the way, I wear the metal rack on the coat and the plastic on the shirt, so tips for either one are useful.
I take a screw driver and bend in the ribbons on the back to make the hold better.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Майор Хаткевич

The way I never lost a ribbon was to be aware.

Shawn W.

Quote from: a2capt on May 17, 2013, 11:09:51 PM
The metal rack is "V" shaped. The rails, they're V or U shaped. Spread them out a little more. Ever so slightly.

Pinch the ribbon tighter by holding it on it's side, on a table, and pushing/rolling back to the rear, like you are closing a box flap. Your trying to make the ribbon "U" shape a little narrower on the back side.

The latter tip is good for the plastic rack too.

+1 :-D   I do this to every new ribbon that I purchase.. Good Practice.  Good Luck.

MajorPayne

Also, spraying scotch guard on the backs of the ribbons can also help prevent the fabric from ripping off. Just be careful of the white ribbons, sometimes they will bleed. (Like the Arnold ribbon). Just my two cents of advice.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go, if he doesnt mind who gets the credit."
Ronald Reagan

C/CMSgt Payne
Charlie Flight Commander
Group 7 CAC represenative