Main Menu

Question..

Started by Daniel, July 30, 2009, 12:25:05 AM

Daniel

Quote from: BrandonKea on July 31, 2009, 03:42:37 AM
I don't think there's any mess for you to clean up. This was blown way out of proportion (which never happens here.)

You're fine, kudos to you in fact for helping out!

Well what I'm now talking about is a bit different.

It only had something to do with this thread as I wanted to say no one can completely follow protocol.
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Eclipse

I don't think anyone here would say you messed up, certainly not you personally, but were this one of my commanders I would certainly be discussing with them whether or not this was a good idea, and the potential exposure the corporation has in these cases.

That's why many of these areas are gray, to allow for commander discretion.

The fact that some of us here don't like the idea doesn't make it a "mess".

"That Others May Zoom"

Capt Rivera

So after reading through all of this, i have a question for those who say the commander abused his "power."

It it an abuse of power to offer an opportunity for members to help a woman in need or is it an abuse of power to offer an opportunity for members to help a woman in need that the commander happens to know?

To me it should not matter if the commander somehow knows the woman or if some other organization contacted him and said "you guys seem to like serving the community, would you like to assist...?

I see no issue with a commander letting his squadron know of an opportunity to serve the community. Since more then a few members expressed interest, I believe the commander should have made it a squadron event. However, lack of a squadron event lends to logging of community service hours...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Short Field

Quote from: RiveraJ on August 03, 2009, 02:05:21 AM
It it an abuse of power to offer an opportunity for members to help a woman in need or is it an abuse of power to offer an opportunity for members to help a woman in need that the commander happens to know?

I really like that phrase, "offer an opportunity".

Quote from: Daniel L on July 30, 2009, 03:35:44 PM
My mum woke me up from a dead sleep to tell me my commander wants my help to move someone

This was not a case of a commander letting his squadron know of an opportunity to serve the community - it was a case of the commander calling people to fall out and support the commander in doing something the commander wanted done.  How many only showed up because he was their Squadron Commander?   
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Spike

We need to make a poll......."Abuse of Power", or "Not Abuse of Power". 

Eclipse

Quote from: Spike on August 03, 2009, 01:40:48 PM
We need to make a poll......."Abuse of Power", or "Not Abuse of Power".

No, we don't.

"That Others May Zoom"