Main Menu

Cascade Falcon X

Started by Kal, March 28, 2008, 12:19:37 AM

Kal

Did anyone else on here go to CFX?  What did you think of Ft Lewis Obstacle Course and Confidence courses? The wake-ups? We definitely need to have a reunion of some kind.  Share a funny story if you can think of one. Here's one for me:

Last day of encampment, and everyone is tired, especially the staff.  At the normal time we got up (5? I don't know, none of us had watches) we were all laying in bed awake, waiting for our Flight Sergeant to start the morning ritual of PT, drill, etc.  The trumpet goes off in the distance, and we are still waiting for the Flight Sergeant to come out.  After a while, our First Sergeant comes out in his pajamas. He mumbles,

"Ok, guys, time to get up." Then he stumbles back over to his bed, and everyone can hear him flop back down to go to sleep.

mikeylikey

Never been to CFS.....but Fort Lewis Rocks!
What's up monkeys?

Kal

It is amazing. I got to go to Ground Search And Rescue Academy there.  It was pretty fun searching for a PELT and watching Artillery rounds impacting on the nearby range. Those things are loud and throw up a lot of dirt!

Larry Mangum

Was the Encampment Commander for CFX.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

dwb

I believe an old friend of mine was your COC... Eric Gilmour?

Kal

Anybody here from Charlie Flight?

Larry Mangum

He sure was. I first met Eric back in MAWG, when he was part of the Hanscom Squadron and I was part of Beverly.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

dwb

Eric was general knowledge when I met him... he was C/Maj Gilmour, Deputy Cadet Commander at my first encampment. :)  Tell him Dan Brodsky says he needs to register on CAP Talk.

TEAM SURGE

Cascade Falcon x.......was really fun! Thats as in Cascade Falcon 10....also which flight were you in?
C/Msgt. Messman
PCR OR-114
Northwest Coastal Flight

-Eagle Talon 3
-Cascade Falcon X

"You only Live Once"