Main Menu

CAPWatch

Started by IceNine, November 11, 2007, 12:22:05 AM

IceNine

This may seem fairly simple to some of you BUT

Who maintains CAP Watch as a system?

I just need to know who I need to get in touch with to organize all the unit in our group into one download.  Right now I have to download every unit in the group and view them seprately, or try to merge the data which is like trying to make a horse drink sometimes
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

JC004

What happens if you download the CAPWATCH database for your group HQ?  I know when I download wing, I get every unit.  I don't see what they wouldn't have that for group too.  If it doesn't work right, contact NHQ IT - Michelle Yost.

Eclipse

All you need to do is merge each unit, one at a time, into your master installs of SIMS.
When you are done you will have a single SIMS databases for your whole group.

Once you've done that your units can send you their SIM databases as they are updated.

Update: 

I just confirmed that, at least at the group level, down loading the group dbase only gets those on Group staff. But combining the unit's databases does work as indicated above.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Thats what I was afraid of I wanted everything to happen all by itself without extra work, but looks like I have not choice
Quote from: IceNine on November 11, 2007, 12:22:05 AM
This may seem fairly simple to some of you BUT

Who maintains CAP Watch as a system?

I just need to know who I need to get in touch with to organize all the unit in our group into one download.  Right now I have to download every unit in the group and view them seprately, or try to merge the data which is like trying to make a horse drink sometimes

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

SIMS is the way to go - it'll take longer to download the data than do the imports, then its all in one place.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

If you're assigned to group you should be able to download everyone in your group if your web security administrator has it set up correctly.

IceNine

Ok I just went with Eclipse's suggestion and am working with SIMS, I got everything loaded and working fine

But where do I find this infamous tCAPWatch database? 

(the one that holds the ops quals information)

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: IceNine on November 11, 2007, 08:43:06 PM
Ok I just went with Eclipse's suggestion and am working with SIMS, I got everything loaded and working fine

But where do I find this infamous tCAPWatch database? 

(the one that holds the ops quals information)

It's a restricted app; you'll need to have your wing WSA give you the rights to download it. Even then, there's some minor hiccups importing it into SIMS.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Tim Medeiros

You can request that NHQ/IT allow full group download for CAPWATCH and tCAPWATCH using the eServices Help Desk.  It should also be noted that there is a CAPWATCH_DownLoad restricted application, it also does not recognize group scope.

The link to the "Ask a Question" page on the eServices Help Desk is https://capnhq.crmdesk.com/ask.aspx

Edit: just put in the request myself, should get a response around Tuesday.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Tim Medeiros

Timothy Medeiros 11/11/2007 4:22:15 PM
At present time, those with Group scope and those who try to download for a group will only get those within that unit. ie If I try to download information for all of FL Group 8 (FL153) I only get the information for FL153 and not any of the subordinate units. Would it be possible to be able to include subordinate units in the download? Thank you.

Ron Meanor 11/13/2007 7:29:02 AM
That is one of the things I am working on with that download. I will let you know as soon as it is available, but I can't give you a date right now.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811