Main Menu

recruiting handouts?

Started by brasda91, October 29, 2007, 07:40:45 PM

RiverAux

Is it really appropriate to use DDR items for recruiting?  It you're in an area where DDR applies then the argument could  be made, but if you're like most cadet squadrons and outside the DDR envelope, I'm not sure that would be the way to go.

brasda91

Quote from: RiverAux on October 30, 2007, 10:34:40 PM
Is it really appropriate to use DDR items for recruiting?  It you're in an area where DDR applies then the argument could  be made, but if you're like most cadet squadrons and outside the DDR envelope, I'm not sure that would be the way to go.

Last week at our meeting we had a DDR class and we discussed drugs in school and how much is present.  After listening to them, it is very appropriate to utilize DDR items for recruiting in schools.

Myself and our Chaplain meet with the principal this morning.  Gave her a few brochures and posters to look over and she is fired up about CAP.  She was going to give the brochures and posters to her science teachers to show to their students.  We have a date scheduled to go back during the lunch period and set-up a recruiting table.

Three more middle schools to contact and we will be in business!!
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

floridacyclist

We're building paper rockets at the North Florida Fair next week.....then inviting kids to come to Open House to launch them. While the design we're using is slghtly different (and low-pressure, without ballast in the nose cone other than maybe a small piece of modeling clay and correspondingly lighter construction without all the packing tape reinforcement), it is similar to http://www.spaceed.org/seiclassroom/cappdf/air_rocketry.pdf

Of course, the rockets are being printed with our name and logo on them. You can see videos of them at youtube but being on a work computer right now, I can't go find you a link.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Tim Medeiros

Here is the page explaining how to get DDR items
http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/drug_demand_reduction/budget_process/

Here is the catalog
http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/drug_demand_reduction/index.cfm?nodeID=6774&audienceID=4

Remember, when requesting DDR items the activity needs to have a DDR Connection, and that these need to be approved at wing level (both Wing DDR Administrator and Wing Commander) and reviewed by the Region DDR Coordinator.

Always remember that whenever 2 or more people discuss DDR at one time (including things like conference calls) to submit an Activity Report, they count as DDR activities, which helps you in attaining a rating under the DDR specialty track.

If anyone has questions about the above, feel free to contact me, if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811