Main Menu

Another ID question

Started by star1151, October 26, 2007, 09:59:00 PM

star1151

The only ID I have says "SM" which isn't accurate anymore.  Should I have received a new one?  Is this one still valid?

Brad

According to the CAPF 2, there are instructions that state when your promotion is approved, a new CAP ID will be enclosed.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

MIKE

If you didn't get a new one in the mail following your promotion, check with your CC as s/he may have it.  I think this varies depending on unit.
Mike Johnston

PHall

Your new ID card is mailed to your unit along with the approved Form 2 so your Commander can present it to you when they promote you.

MIKE

^ This is what happened for 1st Lt... but for Capt I got it in the mail from NHQ.  Different units for each.
Mike Johnston

Cecil DP

Quote from: star1151 on October 26, 2007, 09:59:00 PM
The only ID I have says "SM" which isn't accurate anymore.  Should I have received a new one?  Is this one still valid?

If you haven't received one within a reasonable time since the promotion, you can order one thru e-services.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Eclipse

I have it on good back-channel that the machine used to make the standard (non-photo) ID's is down, no issues with the photo one.

One person I heard from received his (ordered) photo ID instead of the standard with his renewal.

"That Others May Zoom"

star1151

Quote from: MIKE on October 26, 2007, 10:03:53 PM
If you didn't get a new one in the mail following your promotion, check with your CC as s/he may have it.  I think this varies depending on unit.

Odd:  Just emailed and already got a reply back...he doesn't have it, but that's the quickest response I've ever gotten to something CAP related. :-)  So, where is it?  I suppose I don't much care if the old one is still considered valid.  Was planning on needing it tomorrow!

IceNine

Quote from: Eclipse on October 26, 2007, 10:26:12 PM
I have it on good back-channel that the machine used to make the standard (non-photo) ID's is down, no issues with the photo one.

Yeah well I have it posted on e-services a couple days ago  ;D
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

A.Member

One person I heard from received his (ordered) photo ID instead of the standard with his renewal.
I renewed via e-Services about a week and half/two weeks ago.  Received the standard non-photo ID in the mail on Friday.  Doesn't appear to be any issue there.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

SarDragon

Quote from: A.Member on October 29, 2007, 06:16:28 PM

I renewed via e-Services about a week and half/two weeks ago.  Received the standard non-photo ID in the mail on Friday.  Doesn't appear to be any issue there.

Non-photo ID = membership card.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret