CAC Pamphlet

Started by Capmonkey, August 05, 2018, 01:03:04 PM

Capmonkey

Hey, guys!
     I have a quick question. Looking in 60-1, as well as in a presentation about CAC I just read from someone in an un-named wing, there is supposedly a CAPP 60-34 (CAC Guide) to replace CAPP 52-19. I haven't been able to find said CAPP 60-34. Could any of you assist me in finding this, or is it possibly still in the works? I just got elected Chairman of WCAC, and would like to schedule a Town Hall. Thanks for you help!

Sincerely,
C/Maj Capmonkey

OldGuy

It sure is referenced in the regs, no where to be found yet.

Capmonkey

I was just curious. Maybe National HQ Cadet Programs knew. I'll just be patient and wait for it, and run CAC for my wing according to CAPR 60-1 Chapter 7, and CAPP 52-19. Thanks for the help, sir.

PHall

The Cadet Programs Section, all 3 of them, is putting out the the revised regs as fast as they can.
Of course they have all of their "normal" duties to complete too. So give them a break.

Capmonkey

Understood. Just a curious cadet  ;) problem solved.

UWONGO2

I hope the new pamphlet has "CAC is not an activities committee" in big bold letters on the first page.

Ned

The pamphlet is mostly just being renumbered to fit the publication re-engineering mandates.  We do not plan any substantive changes at this time.

(But I have certainly added the "this ain't the Cadet Activities Committee" idea to the list of proposed revisions for the next time we do a re-write.)

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

Eclipse

I wonder often how many cadets, not to mention their CAC senior facilitators (along with DCPs)
have actually read the pamphlet and understand why CACs exist at all.

"That Others May Zoom"

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Eclipse on August 07, 2018, 12:18:11 AM
I wonder often how many cadets, not to mention their CAC senior facilitators (along with DCPs)
have actually read the pamphlet and understand why CACs exist at all.

This.

Quote from: Ned on August 07, 2018, 12:14:59 AM
(But I have certainly added the "this ain't the Cadet Activities Committee" idea to the list of proposed revisions for the next time we do a re-write.)

And this.

That seems to tie right in with the other post about the Wing CAC chair expecting the cadets to organize a social event.

It's not a cadet booster club.

Capmonkey

Since you're referencing said CAC Chair, I am not expecting cadets to plan a social event, Wing officers. You do whatever the DCP tells you. End of story. CAC for the wing will advise and plan the social as a cadet would, then propose it and SUGGEST it to the DCP. I apologize for having proactive cadets who actually want to have an impact in THEIR program.