Cadet Promotions Module (CPFT Data Entry and HFZ)

Started by HighFlyer, February 05, 2018, 04:50:49 PM

HighFlyer

The cadet promotions module has changed apparently to accommodate the new program.  When I goto Cadet Promotions, Data Entry the PT section has changed and now there's a place to record a date taken for Healthy Fitness Zone.  The problem is that everything is greyed out and there doesn't seem to be any way to enter data.  Does anyone know what's going on?

Ned

This is actually good news.  That means that the eServices changes went into effect as planned and on schedule.  (I'm always a little nervous about that.)

If you are looking at the Cadet Promotions Module, instead of using the "data entry" option, go down a few lines to the "HFZ Entry" option.  That appears to be working as designed.

Here's a "Link to the Active Cadet Fitness Administrative Guide"   that explains it better than I can.  It has screenshots and such.

You can also get to it under the Fitness Resources page off the CP pages.

Ned Lee
Col, CAP
National Cadet Program Manager

Vegas1972

The HFZ module described in the link provided does not exist yet in my eServices. 
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

Jester

I see the HFZ stuff on the data entry portion of the cadet promotions module but there's no way to enter anything, even a go/no-go or a date.

I also see that doing a multi-entry for CPFT is no longer an option. Only character development.

This is all on mobile chrome.

HighFlyer

I looked at the "Link to the Active Cadet Fitness Guide" and it does indeed show the correct way to get to "HFZ Entry".  However, the new modules don't appear for me or my Squadron Commander.  Perhaps the eServices changes are only partially implemented or there's a permission issue and the modules aren't showing up for that reason.  Either way, it looks like we'll need to keep paper records for a our PT tonight, and hang on to them for later input when it all gets sorted out.  For now, there are no "HFZ Entry" links and the old method of inputting PT data under "Data Entry" doesn't work.

cnitas

I found it.  I swear it wasn't there 10 min ago though...

It is below the 'modules' section in 'Healthy Fitness Zone'.  I had to slow down and read every item in the list before I let my muscle memory click away.

We get to try it out tomorrow!

Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

jeders

Quote from: Vegas1972 on February 05, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
The HFZ module described in the link provided does not exist yet in my eServices.

Yes it does. In the Promotions module, click on the Menu and then down towards the bottom is a whole section for the PFT including a way to enter goals for phase 1 cadets and a section to enter scores.

Looking through the whole prmotions module, it has actually been updated quite a bit and is much more useful now, especially the QCUA section.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Ned

I have been working closely with both the IT and CP folks this morning and they are confident that at this point all the applications are current and running.

Folks who are having difficulty accessing the HFZ options may need to refresh eServices and/or clear their cache for the new applications to appear.

Ned Lee
(I, for one, am grateful to the Great Computer Overlord that watches over all cadets and CP seniors. I do not wish to offend the gods.)

jeders

I think what I like the most is that it seems like it's designed to just fairly easily enter the scores as the events are completed.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

HighFlyer

Thank you to the IT folks and all who got it up and running.   :clap:  Everything is working now and looks terrific!

CAPLTC

Quote from: HighFlyer on February 05, 2018, 10:03:01 PM
Everything is working now and looks terrific!

Yes.
It has been a moving target today.
No issues as of 1715EST.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

Vegas1972

Quote from: jeders on February 05, 2018, 08:55:11 PM

Yes it does. In the Promotions module, click on the Menu and then down towards the bottom is a whole section for the PFT including a way to enter goals for phase 1 cadets and a section to enter scores.

Looking through the whole prmotions module, it has actually been updated quite a bit and is much more useful now, especially the QCUA section.

It’s there now...at the time I wrote the post it wasn’t.    The QCUA module was there, but the HFZ stuff was not. 

If anyone is hot to enter new pt scores...I would do it in small chunks.  The single entries I’ve made have “taken” into the cadet records.   The 2 times I tried to do the whole squadron they were not saved into the records. 
I’m sure that there are  some small kinks that will be ironed out sooner or later. 
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

jeders

Quote from: Vegas1972 on February 06, 2018, 12:12:07 AM
Quote from: jeders on February 05, 2018, 08:55:11 PM

It's there now...at the time I wrote the post it wasn't.

Fair enough.

QuoteIf anyone is hot to enter new pt scores...I would do it in small chunks.  The single entries I've made have "taken" into the cadet records.   The 2 times I tried to do the whole squadron they were not saved into the records. 
I'm sure that there are  some small kinks that will be ironed out sooner or later.

If you do it on a mobile device (such as if you were entering scores during a testing event) then it takes one cadet at a time. You select the event, such as the mile run, and then you enter each cadets time one by one. So you do the run, then you enter the scores on your phone. Then you do the sit ups, then enter scores. So on and so forth until everything is entered.

SAREXinNY

I wish I had seen this thread a few days ago. At my meeting last week I was having one heck of a time promoting cadets after a PT test. I ended up pinning them and telling them I'd update eServices later. It took me forever to figure out the HFZ link was what I needed. Why doesn't NHQ put something out when they make such wide-sweeping changes to something that 95% of squadrons use? I get notified of the most menial, nonsensical crap on a daily/weekly basis...but this doesn't warrant a quick email? If they did put something out, it obviously wasn't very prominently announced. I knew nothing about it, nor did numerous other group and wing level staff that I asked for help.

Jester

I'd like the new minimums (including PACER) to be on the PT test scoresheet from the reports section of the cadet promotions module.

I'd also like the menu back on the left side with no extra clicks.

Airplane girl

Does the new CPFT calculate height and weight to find the required score for the mile run and PACER test? There is a lot of confusion at my squadron.

CAPLTC

Quote from: Airplane girl on February 13, 2018, 03:44:38 AM
Does the new CPFT calculate height and weight to find the required score for the mile run and PACER test? There is a lot of confusion at my squadron.

What do you mean? Height/weight? 
You mean age?
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

Airplane girl

Quote from: CAPLTC on February 13, 2018, 04:08:05 AM

You mean age?

Age as well as height/weight. I do not think that it is used in the requirements, but other people in my squadron think it is.

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Airplane girl on February 13, 2018, 04:12:12 AM
Quote from: CAPLTC on February 13, 2018, 04:08:05 AM

You mean age?

Age as well as height/weight. I do not think that it is used in the requirements, but other people in my squadron think it is.

CAP P 60-50 (Feb 2018), page 20.  That's a reprint of the FITNESSGRAM material which does refer to height and weight to calculate the BMI.  The spreadsheet provided from NHQ for scoring requires an input only of age and gender for the spreadsheet to calculate the outcome.

Page 16 shows the CPFT table; only age and gender are considered.

Page 17 has a text block stating that the full FITNESSGRAM includes tests that are not in our CPFT, to make it easier to administer the test in the field.

On balance, unless we're missing something, I'd say that you consider your cadets' age and gender, input the data and watch for the outcome.  This is hard to administer to a large group without adding the need to measure and weigh the cadets, and then maintain those data accurately and securely.

Perhaps Ned can weight in again...?

Ned

While the traditional Fitnessgram Assessment uses BMI as one aspect to calculate some of the results, CAP uses a simplified assessment to allow for an accurate and efficient assessment that can be easily done at the typical Tuesday night meeting.

Taking and inputting height and weight takes a significant amount of time with no substantial gain in the accuracy of the assessment for CAP purposes.

So, since we don't use BMI, there is no place in our materials to input height and weight.

Units are always free to teach cadets about BMI and provide education about body composition topics as an optional part of the fitness program, but it is not part of our assessment program.

Ned Lee
National CP Manager.

Airplane girl

Thank you for answering, sir. I was pretty sure it was only based on age/gender but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

Fester

I just inputted tonight's HFZ scores but the passed results are not showing on the CP Full Tracking report.  Is this a known bug?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Gunsotsu

I said it elsewhere, I'll say it here:

The fact that you can't also input HFZ info in the cadet promotions tab is baffling.

kwe1009

Quote from: Gunsotsu on February 23, 2018, 04:29:29 AM
I said it elsewhere, I'll say it here:

The fact that you can't also input HFZ info in the cadet promotions tab is baffling.

it is not baffling, it is a "feature."   ;)

GaryVC

I let NHQ about the fact that the new PT program doesn't show up on the Cadet Tracking Report. They have put in a trouble ticket on it and we can hope it will show up in the near future.

Fester

Quote from: GaryVC on February 24, 2018, 12:04:59 AM
I let NHQ about the fact that the new PT program doesn't show up on the Cadet Tracking Report. They have put in a trouble ticket on it and we can hope it will show up in the near future.

Thanks for the info
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996