After a hiccup, we're back on track...

Started by NIN, October 13, 2017, 11:30:35 AM

JAFO78

Right now several SM have no confidence in our unit commander. I won't get into the reason why here as we are talking recruiting.

We have lost 2 cadets to AFA, one to AF ROTC, and 3 to active AF duty. a couple more to college. They where our strong leaders. Our current cadet staff is a C/1LT, and 2 C/2LT. We have a CMSGT ready to become C/2LT. a C/Capt. close to C/LTC.  We have two of our newer Cadets who are shining and keeping on eye on them, (Future Officers)

JAFO

NIN

Yeah, really talking about confidence in unit commanders' abilities is a larger topic beyond recruiting (but, interestingly enough dovetails completely into retention)

Speaking broadly across my experience, units that claim they don't want to grow are usually led by insecure or barely-capable leaders who are afraid that if the unit gets too big that they'll be unable to manage things.  They're comfortable across a 5-10 member range where they can put everybody in a room and thats that.

When you get beyond that, its like "Something might happen that I wasn't completely in control of."

Jeez, as a unit commander I almost HOPE things happen that I didn't have to personally prompt and supervise. :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Apparently my public school education has not taught me how to count. I was just tidying up the loose ends on all the new members and realize that we have completely in processed 20 new members.

So if the young lady who is going to turn in her online application next week actually does so, our fall effort will have netted us 21 cadets.

Almost 30% better than I had hoped.

This week: seniors
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

OldGuy

Quote from: NIN on October 16, 2017, 10:37:54 PM
Apparently my public school education has not taught me how to count. I was just tidying up the loose ends on all the new members and realize that we have completely in processed 20 new members.

So if the young lady who is going to turn in her online application next week actually does so, our fall effort will have netted us 21 cadets.

Almost 30% better than I had hoped.

This week: seniors

We are up 40% in the last 90 days. :)