ABU green fleece jacket size?

Started by w7sar, October 14, 2016, 08:57:47 PM

w7sar

Size question for the ABU green fleece jacket.
Uniform coat (shirt) size is a 40R.  I see the green fleece in medium or long ...
Knowing that sizes are often not always the same ... anyone have any info/experience in size for these fleece jackets?  Are they sized for a coat, i.e. large enough to fit over a 40R?  Or do you get a larger size to cover the ABU shirt?  I.e. a large to cover a 40R? 
No clothing sales nearby to go check .... Looking to see if the collective knowledge here has any solid info.

Thanks!!!
jerryw
Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
NHQ CAP Assistant Senior Program Manager
Command & Control Communications
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

SMWOG

I'm 5 "11 and wear a 42 r and I got a large regular fleece,if that helps.

HGjunkie

I wear a 36L and wear a med-long fleece. If you wear a XXR med-reg should be fine.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

JC004

I have a 42L jacket and Large Regular fleece, which is just about an inch shorter than the jacket, depending how it's hanging.

The new fleece is kind of sucky.  It does not have a drawstring on the bottom like the old one (nor zipper pockets, which is annoying).

If you're wearing a regular jacket, a regular fleece should be fine.

HGjunkie

Quote from: JC004 on October 15, 2016, 10:46:42 AM
I have a 42L jacket and Large Regular fleece, which is just about an inch shorter than the jacket, depending how it's hanging.

The new fleece is kind of sucky.  It does not have a drawstring on the bottom like the old one (nor zipper pockets, which is annoying).

If you're wearing a regular jacket, a regular fleece should be fine.

You can actually get those versions depending on what base you go to. Like if you're at Minot, for example...
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

TheSkyHornet

I, surprisingly, found that the fleece was larger than my usual cut (as if the sizes were reversed).

I wear a Medium Short in just about everything. But I had to get a Short Regular fleece. Fits perfectly.