Do I apply to wear a shoulder cord with a form 2a?

Started by VONL, January 10, 2016, 06:46:47 PM

VONL

I would like to wear the Red and White shoulder cord from NCOLA, and I am wondering where do I apply to be able to wear it?

Thank you

EDIT I have gotten my answer thank you!

Garibaldi

Quote from: VONL on January 10, 2016, 06:46:47 PM
I would like to wear the Red and White shoulder cord from NCOLA, and I am wondering where do I apply to be able to wear it?

Thank you

If I'm not mistaken, the cord for any activity is given for the completion of said activity. You should be able to wear it without any form filling out. There isn't a space on a 2a for cords, just ribbons and such.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

NIN

Thank you

Does you wing have a supplement detailing the color / type cord for NCOLA?  (Or region.. I forget)

If so, you may find the authorization mechanism there. 

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Grumpy

Quote from: Garibaldi on January 10, 2016, 06:53:32 PM

Thank you

If I'm not mistaken, the cord for any activity is given for the completion of said activity. You should be able to wear it without any form filling out. There isn't a space on a 2a for cords, just ribbons and such.

Front page of the 2a, box III, last item,  "Other (Specify). . . "

kwe1009

Quote from: Grumpy on January 10, 2016, 08:22:06 PM
Quote from: Garibaldi on January 10, 2016, 06:53:32 PM

Thank you

Front page of the 2a, box III, last item,  "Other (Specify). . . "

The title of that box is "AWARD OF ACTIVITY AND SERVICE RIBBONS."

Grumpy

Well, if you don't want to do it the easy way, do a PA so it can be recorded in his 201 file.