First time buying blues.

Started by Walker, November 26, 2015, 06:52:44 PM

Walker

First off, forgive me if this topic has already been covered. I looked around and didn't see anything. I also went through 39-1 and didn't find any help.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm going to be buying a set of AF-Style Senior blues, and I'm having a hard time figuring some things out.

-When wearing a blazer, is a long sleeve shirt required?
-How are the Male shirts sized? They aren't sized like normal dress shirts (Neck, Chest, Sleeve).

I'm also having some trouble finding a "checklist" of sorts for this uniform. If anyone could provide this information, assuming it's out there, I'd appreciate it. The closest thing I found was a checklist for inspection of Cadet's uniforms, but I don't think that's necessarily applicable to me. Lastly, how is Vanguard's returns policy (in reality)? There's a good chance that I'll have to return at least one item.

Thank you.

-Walker
SM Nate Walker

arajca

1. The blazer uniform is NOT worn with the AF style uniforms. It uses a white aviator shirt or white dress shirt. A long sleeve shirt is not required, however, the shirt does need to be able to be worn with a tie, i.e. have a collar button.
2. The AF shirts are sized like normal shirts. The size for the males is the neck size (short sleeve) or neck and arm length (long sleeve). The tape measure they use may not be quite the same as the civilian world, though. I have had a few folks tell me the shirts run a size small. If you can try a few on, you'll get a better idea of how they are sized. IF there is another senior roughly your build, see if you can try on their shirt. From there you can decide what size you need.
3. Check list:
Flight cap (silver checked braid for officers, blue braid for NCOs. Get the proper braid for the path you're going to be on)
AF Shirt
AF tie (req'd with long sleeve, opt. with short sleeve)
AF belt with silver/chrome buckle
AF blue pants (current color spec)
Black plain toe dress shoes
Black socks
Appropriate undergarments

Garibaldi

Quote from: arajca on November 26, 2015, 10:39:00 PM
1. The blazer uniform is NOT worn with the AF style uniforms. It uses a white aviator shirt or white dress shirt. A long sleeve shirt is not required, however, the shirt does need to be able to be worn with a tie, i.e. have a collar button.
2. The AF shirts are sized like normal shirts. The size for the males is the neck size (short sleeve) or neck and arm length (long sleeve). The tape measure they use may not be quite the same as the civilian world, though. I have had a few folks tell me the shirts run a size small. If you can try a few on, you'll get a better idea of how they are sized. IF there is another senior roughly your build, see if you can try on their shirt. From there you can decide what size you need.
3. Check list:
Flight cap (silver checked braid for officers, blue braid for NCOs. Get the proper braid for the path you're going to be on)
AF Shirt
AF tie (req'd with long sleeve, opt. with short sleeve)
AF belt with silver/chrome buckle
AF blue pants (current color spec)
Black plain toe dress shoes
Black socks
Appropriate undergarments
White v-neck t-shirt if wearing the short sleeve blue shirt without a tie. Or with. FTFY

Or, inappropriate undergarments. No one is going to see, and we don't judge.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Capt Thompson

In addition:

Grey Epaulets. Blank for SM Without Grade, or 2nd Lt if you've been promoted.
Grey Nameplate, 3 line
Flight Cap Device, Senior Member
Any badges you have earned (ground team, aircrew etc.)
If you are going to wear ribbons (most officers don't), you will need them plus an appropriate holder. VG sells ribbon holders with and without the 1/8" space, the Air Force/CAP uses the one without the space (only have to worry about if you have 4 or more ribbons)
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)