Aux uniforms being Distinctive

Started by VNY, September 28, 2013, 11:50:13 PM

Panache

Quote from: Private Investigator on September 29, 2013, 03:37:35 PM
So then we will have 300 pounders wearing ABUs because the majority of our membership have never been to an "NCO School" and learned the concept of "moral courage". Then again fair is a very subjective term. i.e. is it fair to say my coffee cup is half full?

As somebody on the heavier side, I don't appreciate the stereotyping, thank you very much.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Panache on October 01, 2013, 12:17:03 AM
So then we will have 300 pounders wearing ABUs because the majority of our membership have never been to an "NCO School" and learned the concept of "moral courage". Then again fair is a very subjective term. i.e. is it fair to say my coffee cup is half full?

As somebody on the heavier side, I don't appreciate the stereotyping, thank you very much.

I don't see what he said that wasn't true. Plenty of fat & fuzzies break the h/w rules.

Panache

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 01, 2013, 01:04:25 AM

I don't see what he said that wasn't true. Plenty of fat & fuzzies break the h/w rules.

And apparently being in H/W standards make you inherently "morally courageous".

But, hey, thanks for just re-affirming that stigma that plenty of people swear isn't there.

Eclipse

Quote from: Panache on October 01, 2013, 01:10:55 AM

But, hey, thanks for just re-affirming that stigma that plenty of people swear isn't there.

That is literally the opposite of what he said.

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Quote from: Eclipse on October 01, 2013, 01:14:47 AM
That is literally the opposite of what he said.

Apparently you missed the "300 pounder" qualifier in his statement. 

Eclipse

I read it, I just didn't stop there...

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Any stigma here is self-inflicted.

Yes, the fact that some members are able to follow regulations give them some say. Because they take the extra steps to get there. They have earned it.

But that is not a "morally courage." And is not a stigma. I am on the heavy side and I do not see any such "persecution" or "maltreatment." Or "mistreatment."

So what if he said "300 pounder." It is true. I see it all the time. Members who are heavier than me in BDUs and Air Force Blues.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Panache on October 01, 2013, 01:10:55 AM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 01, 2013, 01:04:25 AM

I'm the one presenting...to a room full of BDUs.

Private Investigator

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 01, 2013, 01:41:21 AMI'm the one presenting...to a room full of BDUs.

That is a professional look. Thank you sir.   :clap:

More Senior Members should go BBDU  JMHO YMMV

Майор Хаткевич

I'll say it again: it is all about integrity. How can a SM outside of the CAP H/W limits wearing AF uniforms preach the core values to cadets? The cadets know the rules, and they certainly hold it against the SMs.

The BBDUs and G/Ws is all I can wear, but I try to wear it right. Seeing others not doing so breeds a certain level of resentment and contempt.