Two different ES patches

Started by vorter, July 24, 2010, 06:29:58 AM

vmstan

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2010, 01:55:45 AM
Quote from: vorter on July 24, 2010, 06:29:58 AM
What is the difference between the two and which should i put on my BDU's???

One is round, one is oval.

Neither.

QFT.

Isn't the GT or wings enough?
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

arajca

Not all ES qualified members are GT or aircrew.

vorter

Eh, i like patches and badges.. More cool stuff lol
but thats just me
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

DakRadz

Point 1- Many cadets will wear every permitted piece of bling they've earned. I still tend to do this, and I'm 3 years into as many cadet programs ^_^ Swear I'm getting better, though ;)

Point 2- As far as badges being enough, I've earned the ES Patch, but nothing else (yet). My ES Patch was approved by doing GES and IS-100 courses. So... It's the only bling I have for BDUs anyway; certainly other cadets/seniors are in the same situation.

davidsinn

Quote from: DakRadz on July 25, 2010, 05:53:10 PM
Point 1- Many cadets will wear every permitted piece of bling they've earned. I still tend to do this, and I'm 3 years into as many cadet programs ^_^ Swear I'm getting better, though ;)

Point 2- As far as badges being enough, I've earned the ES Patch, but nothing else (yet). My ES Patch was approved by doing GES and IS-100 courses. So... It's the only bling I have for BDUs anyway; certainly other cadets/seniors are in the same situation.

You have to earn an ES rating of some kind to get the ES patch. GES is not enough.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: DakRadz on July 25, 2010, 05:53:10 PMMy ES Patch was approved by doing GES and IS-100 courses.

Nope.  You've got more work to do.

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

Hmmm. Well then. Seems like I have some research and work to do. Be right back, checking regs (still don't have a small handheld device to do it on)

And if you're right, guess who gets to tell the Sqd/CC he's wrong... He'd accept the truth, wouldn't flip out, but who really enjoys saying that to the CC? Ah well. Checking.

davidsinn

Quote from: DakRadz on July 25, 2010, 06:24:14 PM
Hmmm. Well then. Seems like I have some research and work to do. Be right back, checking regs (still don't have a small handheld device to do it on)

And if you're right, guess who gets to tell the Sqd/CC he's wrong... He'd accept the truth, wouldn't flip out, but who really enjoys saying that to the CC? Ah well. Checking.

If he accepts the truth easily, consider yourself lucky. You've got a good CC in that case.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DakRadz

Wonderful. So. Oh my. Well now, how does one go about such a task as this....? CAPTalk 1, Me 0.

I'll inform Col Tuesday, when I have printouts and a good gameplan.

Reminded of an old Randy Travis song:
"Gonna have a little talk with Jesus Colonel, when I get home tonight at the meeting Tuesday night"

;) Thanks for keeping me honest, Cap'n, Eclipse.

ADD-IN: Oh, he'll take it well. As long as I have proof, I'm golden. And since I'm voiding my own award, and my 1st Sgt's, he'll know I'm not being vengeful, just honest.

And yes, I have a DERN fine CC. :D

Eclipse

Simply show him the regs and move on, if he chooses to accept it, great, if not, you still don't have to wear it.

It should not be a big deal.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

The reg is quoted in post #12 (by arajca) in this thread.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DakRadz

Quote from: Thom on July 24, 2010, 03:40:01 PM
Quote from: arajca on July 24, 2010, 01:55:37 PM
Cite, please.
Here you go...

QuoteCAPR35-6 Aeronautical Ratings, Emergency Services Patch and Badges, and Ground Team Badges

3. Requirements for Award of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.

Also, the award of the ES Patch is now tracked as an ES Award in MIMS.  You won't be able to turn it on for someone until they have GES and one other specialty qualification.

Thom

So how did my Patch get approved? I can believe that my Col was mistaken as to the requirements for the patch, but I know he did NOT circumvent/manipulate the system to award it. And I've seen the approval on eServices.

Eclipse

Quote from: DakRadz on July 25, 2010, 07:49:47 PM
So how did my Patch get approved? I can believe that my Col was mistaken as to the requirements for the patch, but I know he did NOT circumvent/manipulate the system to award it. And I've seen the approval on eServices.

All those approvals are subjective, and the is no built-in logic on the ratings, since they only started tracking those recently.

You would not have had to have earned it recently to have earned it.

Hopefully as eservices is shored up, these things will get harder to misinterpret, but that's down the road a ways.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

The ES patch was one of the first "ratings" tracked in eServices, and that's been for at least two years. There's no date listed on my approval, and I'm not sure if I have any olde paper records available to track when mine was approved.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on July 25, 2010, 08:10:24 PM
The ES patch was one of the first "ratings" tracked in eServices, and that's been for at least two years. There's no date listed on my approval, and I'm not sure if I have any olde paper records available to track when mine was approved.

They only started tracking badges and patches a few months ago - not sure what you were seeing, but the ES patch was never tracked before then on eServices.

Screenshot if you got it...

"That Others May Zoom"

Tim Medeiros

I had my ES Patch and GT badges tracked since MIMS.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Eclipse

They tracked the ratings, not the badges themselves.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Under the SQTRs there is one for "ES Awards". That is where the award of the ES patch, GT badges, MP/MO wings, ES specialty track badges are recorded. It has been in place for a couple of years now.

vento

Quote from: SarDragon on July 25, 2010, 07:37:01 PM
The reg is quoted in post #12 (by arajca) in this thread.

Just to be clear, specifically the list on page 26 of 60-3, correct? I had cadet ask me the same question during the encampment last week. Thanks.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Eclipse on July 25, 2010, 09:33:33 PM
They tracked the ratings, not the badges themselves.
Unless the rating says "ES Patch" or "Ground Team Badge - Basic"....  I'll try and look through my old files to see if I have a screenshot or email.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811