Main Menu

CAPRAP info

Started by jaz, February 19, 2019, 09:28:42 PM

jaz

I found another thread here addressing this, however it's about 3 years old and likely a closed thread as I could not reply. That said, I am looking for more info on the CAPRAP program for my next move and am having a hard time getting ahold of anyone via the numbers and email addresses found in the flyers/advertisements.  Would anyone here have any good POC's for this?

I am currently an AF Reservist with Active Duty experience prior to that. I've got a few Comm/Cyber career fields, was a First Sergeant in 3 different squadrons, and currently serve as a Flight Chief in my current unit, but ready to try something new.

Any help is appreciated.
Jason Zuress, SMSgt, USAF

vorteks

Quote from: https://www.afrc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1125084/flexible-reserve-opportunities-supporting-air-force-auxiliary/
To learn about CAPRAP openings in their region, Reservists should call their regional CAP-USAF office.

https://www.afrc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1125084/flexible-reserve-opportunities-supporting-air-force-auxiliary/

jaz

Thanks, but that's one of the avenues I previously mentioned above.

SarDragon

What was the problem with that site? There were phone numbers at the bottom, repeated here:
To learn more about CAP-USAF, visit http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/CAPUSAF/index.asp.  CAP-USAF Regional Office Directory:
Northeast Region, McGuire AFB, New Jersey – 609-754-4638
Middle-East Region, Andrews AFB, Maryland – 240-857-2266
Southeast Region, Dobbins ARB, Georgia – 678-655-9790
Great Lakes Region, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio – 937-257-6836
North-Central Region, Minneapolis, Minnesota – 952-851-1595
Rocky Mountain Region, Peterson AFB, Colorado – 719-556-7681
Southwest Region, JRB Fort Worth, Texas – 817-782-6400
Pacific Region, Beale AFB, California – 530-634-9521
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

jaz

The phone number went straight to an answering machine, each time I called without response. This is grouped with the initial post of, "having a hard time getting ahold of anyone via the numbers and email addresses found in the flyers/advertisements".

I've scoured the Internet to find all these numbers and email addresses you guys are posting... That is how I found this place. The chances of someone posting a link I have not already seen, will be low.

At this point, I am looking for someone that actually has a contact. Please, no more links.

Eclipse

The RAP program, and CAP-USAF itself, has shrunk considerably in the last several years, and many of the contacts have probably changed.

With that said, PM sent.

"That Others May Zoom"

Paul Creed III

Quote from: jaz on February 20, 2019, 03:29:15 PM
The phone number went straight to an answering machine, each time I called without response. This is grouped with the initial post of, "having a hard time getting ahold of anyone via the numbers and email addresses found in the flyers/advertisements".

I've scoured the Internet to find all these numbers and email addresses you guys are posting... That is how I found this place. The chances of someone posting a link I have not already seen, will be low.

At this point, I am looking for someone that actually has a contact. Please, no more links.

Jaz: what state are you in? If you are in Great Lakes Liaison Region (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, or Wisconsin), let me know and I can get you the contacts at CAP-USAF. 
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

jaz

Quote from: Eclipse on February 20, 2019, 04:08:39 PM
The RAP program, and CAP-USAF itself, has shrunk considerably in the last several years, and many of the contacts have probably changed.

With that said, PM sent.

Replied! Thank you.

Quote from: Paul Creed III on February 20, 2019, 04:42:04 PM
Quote from: jaz on February 20, 2019, 03:29:15 PM

Jaz: what state are you in? If you are in Great Lakes Liaison Region (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, or Wisconsin), let me know and I can get you the contacts at CAP-USAF.

I live in Denver, Colorado. I'd like to stay local as I have traveled to drill for too many years in my career... It's gotten a bit old for me.

Thanks!

sardak

Local Colorado Wing/Rocky Mtn Region info sent by PM.

Mike

jaz

I got in contact with who I need to.  Thank you all for your help!

sardak

Glad we were able to help.

Mike

ßτε

Quote from: jaz on March 01, 2019, 02:00:30 AM
I got in contact with who I need to.  Thank you all for your help!
Great. Asked and answered.