The Forum is remarkably quiet. Are most heavy posters furloughed Feds?

Started by Live2Learn, January 14, 2019, 06:09:33 AM

vesryn

Quote from: NIN on January 15, 2019, 09:46:29 PM
"I got you, fam."

"Dad, just stop."

My dad does the exact same thing, and I do the exact same thing as your son right back, so I think all's normal? Hilarious either way.

But seriously, the NHQRecruiting account is actually quite a helpful tool, despite my more doubtful side reminding me that it's a bit similar to the old "Ask the National Commander" button in eServices...

Quick side story about that: when I was a wee lad of 14 and a C/AB in VA (before I moved to NY), I had just joined and didn't know where to find some mundane part of eServices, so naturally I asked the National Commander where it was. I got an answer back rather quick, but I also got a rather stern talking-to from the Senior Squadron Commander who I assume had been notified. Fun times.

[edit: spelling]
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

NIN

Quote from: Trenzalorian on January 16, 2019, 05:04:53 AM
Quick side story about that: when I was a wee lad of 14 and a C/AB in VA (before I moved to NY), I had just joined and didn't know where to find some mundane part of eServices, so naturally I asked the National Commander where it was. I got an answer back rather quick, but I also got a rather stern talking-to from the Senior Squadron Commander who I assume had been notified. Fun times.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

vesryn

Quote from: NIN on January 16, 2019, 12:17:01 PM
Quote from: Trenzalorian on January 16, 2019, 05:04:53 AM

I like to look back at that as a gauge of how far I've come in the cadet program. It's been 6 years, 4 encampments, 1 RCLS and 1 NCSA, but this program, along with all the amazing Cadets and Seniors in it, have really helped me, just like it's helping so many other cadets. Honestly, that growth potential is the thing I'm most looking forward to about being a Senior (besides the cookies, of course).
Eaker #3363

Pace

Quote from: Trenzalorian
Honestly, that growth potential is the thing I'm most looking forward to about being a Senior (besides the cookies, of course).

Young Padawan, it's doughnuts and coffee.
Lt Col, CAP

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Pace

Must be an upper brass thing. We only get doughnuts below wing level. Cookies would be nice...

;D
Lt Col, CAP

vesryn

Quote from: Pace on January 16, 2019, 03:27:29 PM
Quote from: Trenzalorian
Honestly, that growth potential is the thing I'm most looking forward to about being a Senior (besides the cookies, of course).

Young Padawan, it's doughnuts and coffee.

You almost make me want to leave the cadet side. Almost.
Eaker #3363

NIN

Quote from: Pace on January 16, 2019, 03:45:34 PM
Must be an upper brass thing. We only get doughnuts below wing level. Cookies would be nice...

A) It warms the cockles of my heart to have you refer to me as "upper brass."
B) I dunno what janky unit you're in, but cookies are a thing at the bottom of the food chain.

And I say that from inside the Dunkin' Donuts Curtain.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Pace

:o  Maybe it's a southern thing. We hold our cookies in higher regard than their fried, volumous cousins. They are never relegated to morning filler, but reserved for a true appetizing treat.

Or maybe I just like donuts with my morning coffee.  8)  "You take the donut and dunk it in the coffee; hence the [redacted] name!" - Dennis
Lt Col, CAP

PHall

The ONLY cookie that is remotely suitable for consumption with morning coffee is a soft oatmeal cookie with raisins.

CAPLTC

Quote from: jeders on January 14, 2019, 02:16:01 PM
... rumors of a new 39-1 slip out.

Yes. Of course.
As everyone is aware, OCP w/ coyote boots is about to be approved for wear.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret