Main Menu

COS

Started by stratoflyer, March 25, 2009, 04:14:27 AM

stratoflyer

I heard that when cadets attend COS, they go to the Air University bookstore and are allowed to take some books. I also believe that CAP members in general are allowed to take a book or two.

Since I'm not going to AL anytime soon, how can I get some books from them?

What about if I want some copies of Tongue and Quill for my cadet staff?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

jimmydeanno

When I went to COS we didn't get to go to the bookstore, but that was 2001.  When we arrived we were provided with several books including; The Tongue and Quill, Commanding a Squadron in the 21st Century, Strategic Guide to Airpower, a speaking guide and a few other miscellaneous books. 

The Tongue and Quill is available online in the "Other Publications" section of GoCivilAirPatrol.com

However, if you're trying to get them to write better, I wouldn't send them there unless you want them to focus on learning how to write in bureaucracy.  Something like the Chicago Manual of Style or  Strunk and White's, The Elements of Style, IMO, would be better.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

cuselead

http://www.au.af.mil/au/aul/aupress/

This is the "Bookstore" at Maxwell 

Happy Downloading/Ordering!

notaNCO forever

I know a few years ago they let them. I'll get to find out this summer if they still do.

Nathan

When I went in 2005, I think we had a ten-book maximum that we got for free. It was pretty nice.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.