I can't pick a NCSA

Started by Pulsar, November 14, 2013, 11:17:13 PM

CAPglider792

I could not agree more about that. If they have the money for all that then they may not be as bad off as they say they are. but , how about this, and this is from personal experience. A family who has both parents unemployed, a stay at home mom homeschooling both kids, and a father constantly job hunting. They are renting because that's all they can afford, and they have one car. they needed to sell the other just to pay for the gas and other bills necessary to pay the rent and pay for food. the family doesn't have cable or any other luxuries because they can't afford it. The son desperately wants to go to an event such as, say, hawk mountain summer school, which can be very expensive depending what course you are trying to take. The money is simply not there. This is an example of a situation many live in. Blowing them off as " Not trying hard enough " is just stupid to be honest. 

Eclipse

And those are the members who should be getting the scholarships, etc.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

To repeat: "There's always a way for someone willing to go 2 extra miles to get there."

WIWAC, two friends of mine financed their student flying by washing airplanes at a local FBO. This specific opportunity may not exist for the OP, but others do.

"Hi, my name is Cadet Joe Schmuckatelli, and I'm trying to go to [a CAP special activity]. What can I do for you to help me get there?"

Expand on that, and hit the street. It works.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NC Hokie

Quote from: CAPglider792 on November 17, 2013, 06:03:22 PM
I could not agree more about that. If they have the money for all that then they may not be as bad off as they say they are. but , how about this, and this is from personal experience. A family who has both parents unemployed, a stay at home mom homeschooling both kids, and a father constantly job hunting. They are renting because that's all they can afford, and they have one car. they needed to sell the other just to pay for the gas and other bills necessary to pay the rent and pay for food. the family doesn't have cable or any other luxuries because they can't afford it. The son desperately wants to go to an event such as, say, hawk mountain summer school, which can be very expensive depending what course you are trying to take. The money is simply not there. This is an example of a situation many live in. Blowing them off as " Not trying hard enough " is just stupid to be honest.

I suggest that you reread my last post.  The money is out there, it just takes a little work to find it.  We're trying to encourage Pulsar to do that work.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

MSG Mac

Why is the TARDIS never available for these situations?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member